• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I still think we have a small window in the 1/30-2/2 timeframe. After that the good thing about those heights over the the lakes is that they appear to be feeding into a nice -NAO.
yea. i'm not ruling that out, but we would have to get incredibly lucky to make that timeframe work out.

It is about time to face the fact that most of us will be shut out again. It is going to be hard to get cold air back down here with all of the US snowpack gone. I'm hoping the warm weather we get later this week takes us right on in to spring.
With the pattern being advertised in Mid-February, there's a good chance our cold air feed will be coming from New England/Southeast Canada. And their snowpack looks to be in great shape up there.

It is about time to face the fact that most of us will be shut out again. It is going to be hard to get cold air back down here with all of the US snowpack gone. I'm hoping the warm weather we get later this week takes us right on in to spring.
Please tell me where you’re getting that all the US snowpack is going to be gone? The interior northeast and the upper Midwest to northern Plains will keep a good deal of their snowpack in the next couple weeks. In fact the interior northeast at least has a good chance of adding more that TPV setting up over eastern Canada.

Please tell me where you’re getting that all the US snowpack is going to be gone? The interior northeast and the upper Midwest to northern Plains will keep a good deal of their snowpack in the next couple weeks. In fact the interior northeast at least has a good chance of adding more that TPV setting up over eastern Canada.
The 384 hour panel on the 6z GFS shows all of the snowpack in the midwest and upper plains gone. It is true there is lots of snowpack in eastern Canada, but I do not see that helping us from that far away.

Super dee duper duper -NAO!! Storm track all the way down to Cuba.
giphy.gif

The 384 hour panel on the 6z GFS shows all of the snowpack in the midwest and upper plains gone. It is true there is lots of snowpack in eastern Canada, but I do not see that helping us from that far away.
and the 384 hour panel on the GFS is absolutely worthless… most of those areas ensembles means hardly ever go above freezing the entire run of the GEFS and EPS… also like others have said with the amount of CAD setting up, the NE snowpack is going nowhere

Dang. My Feb 8-15 timeframe showing on models.

Too bad I'm wrong about the snow part and it's probably ice at best for cae if any winter precip even happens

You’ll be lucky to get below 30 even at night the next 2 weeks. That’s pretty amazing for northeast Iowa in the heart of winter.
Yep! But the good thing is, that’s what happened 2 weeks befor the snowiest week in DBQ since ‘85. I’ll take that again!

Back