• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Does anyone have a map of the pattern during the Feb 2014 Winter storm? And what site do you find them on? honestly not familiar with looking them up much. I just see people posting them a lot. Just want to get an idea of what was driving such a strong CAD with placement & strength of HP.

Another good reference

Only took a couple days, but I'm back to being hopeful for a winter storm again. Feel even better now that I found out we don't leave for our cruise until February 25th. Was thinking we leave on Feb 15th.

February 5-15 has also historically been a great stretch for winter storms over the last 15 years or so.

I know that other areas of the SE tend to generally score more quickly in winter, but those of us in GA/South Carolina have historically performed overwhelmingly the best in Feburary (especially the two week period centered on opposite sides of Valentines' Day). There's no reason to give up hope and it's comforting that the models are starting to zero in on a colder time frame during this period.

What you don’t mention is how it’s been almost 15 years since the I-20 corridor has had anything significant after Feb 15. In the old days it was a lot easier to get snow in late winter. If this was 20 years ago I’d probably feel a little more confident in the prospects of snow late in the winter but times have changed and the climate is warmer.
That may be the case along I20 I really don't know. I know CAE used to do well in Feb, but they haven't had but 2 inches of snow in 10 years now and that was in Jan 2022.

Last edited:
Back