• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

It didn’t make any difference the last two weeks for any of us here east off the apps. So eh.
Yeah I think the bigger thing for us going forward is the snow pack over the interior northeast and southeast Canada and that’s not going to be taking nearly the hit that the Midwest takes. In fact some of those areas will continue adding over the next 10 days. This is important because it does look like we’re going into a pattern after later this week that a lot of CAD can set up.

Yeah I think the bigger thing for us going forward is the snow pack over the interior northeast and southeast Canada and that’s not going to be taking nearly the hit that the Midwest takes. In fact some of those areas will continue adding over the next 10 days. This is important because it does look like we’re going into a pattern after later this week that a lot of CAD can set up.
Yep just hopefully the CAD will be deep enough if something does arise. Fingers crossed.

Yep just hopefully the CAD will be deep enough if something does arise. Fingers crossed.
The good news is that all modeling keeps some very cold air in eastern Canada… east of the Hudson Bay…. That’s airmass that CAD would tap into. Also as Webb pointed out, you can see just how much the SER is being pushed down after next weekend as well

The good news is that all modeling keeps some very cold air in eastern Canada… east of the Hudson Bay…. That’s airmass that CAD would tap into. Also as Webb pointed out, you can see just how much the SER is being pushed down after next weekend as well
So to clear things up cause I’m kind of confused, are the next 2-3 weeks what you are referring too as possible CAD chances? And in your opinion what lies beyond after those few weeks? Another west dump that doesn’t do anything for us or possibly something more in favor of east of apps folks?

So to clear things up cause I’m kind of confused, are the next 2-3 weeks what you are referring too as possible CAD chances? And in your opinion what lies beyond after those few weeks? Another west dump that doesn’t do anything for us or possibly something more in favor of east of apps folks?
I speaking after next weekend, as Webb was mentioning earlier. Later this week is going to torch… no question about it. After that we go into a period that has a strong CAD signal on the ensembles.

gfs_asnow_seus_65.png

Back