• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I wasn't that optimistic.
It’s been 6 years since the last good one. I feel like we’re more than due. I’ve had nothing but dusting for 2-3 years. No science behind it but I feel like we get a decent one. We never go that long.

It’s been 6 years since the last good one. I feel like we’re more than due. I’ve had nothing but dusting for 2-3 years. No science behind it but I feel like we get a decent one. We never go that long.
We are so far from a climate that supports snow right now, its not even worth thinking about at this point.

We are so far from a climate that supports snow right now, its not even worth thinking about at this point.

The thought is living rent free in the back of my mind that our warmed climate makes snow imby very unlikely now. However, I'm giving Nino a chance to see if Nina really was the culprit the last few years. I'm not sure, not giving up yet, but at some point in the future few years if we don't get any snow, ill either need to move, or find a new winter hobby. Winters are just always warm now.

The thought is living rent free in the back of my mind that our warmed climate makes snow imby very unlikely now. However, I'm giving Nino a chance to see if Nina really was the culprit the last few years. I'm not sure, not giving up yet, but at some point in the future few years if we don't get any snow, ill either need to move, or find a new winter hobby. Winters are just always warm now.
I don't think it matters anymore if it's Nino or Nina. We are just lucky to ever get snow here with the way the climate is now.

Insert: it’ll make its own cold air!
Roof crushing accums
Pattern is loaded!
End of GFS showed great pattern!

I feel better now! I miss Isohume! ???
He was like their version of Webber

HRRR is a Shetley wet dream! He doesn’t even get .25

HRRR is a Shetley wet dream! He doesn’t even get .25
I expected that. The next system on the GFS will be a miss too. We will be lucky if we get .25 the rest of December the way things are going. Hopefully things change in January or the southeast will start to be in trouble.

CFS was a fun fantasy run last nights. Start with hour 576 and proceed to the end. It shows 2 to 3 storms for much of the south.

I like hour 612:
1702815119723.png

My news station has been saying all week it was gonna be a washout here. According to radar this this is gonna skirt by my area with little to nothing.
You could see this coming 2-3 days ago. The precip shield is NOT always under modeled to the nw as some want you to believe. A tropical system rarely gets good precip back this way that runs the coast line. I get this isn't tropical but it happens with winterstorms too. Feb 1973 for example. Jan 2000 another example. There are many more but those 2 are heart breakers. There are also times a low along the coast is money. I'm not smart enough to know why but when the models were in good agreement on this over 2 days ago you had to be skeptical of good rains back here. These models suck but not that bad

I remember when I used to be a grinch/warmanista here. Only a warmanista when I don’t see any potential or any hope like last year. Seeing those spreads reach the 80s then the 80 degree temps actually showed up. Me personally, have way more hope and see way more potential than last year after that dec cold snap. No cliff jumping from me anytime soon.

I remember when I used to be a grinch/warmanista here. Only a warmanista when I don’t see any potential or any hope like last year. Seeing those spreads reach the 80s then the 80 degree temps actually showed up. Me personally, have way more hope and see way more potential than last year after that dec cold snap. No cliff jumping from me anytime soon.
Last year was a good example of why we don't want an extreme -AO since it only produced extreme cold and dry air. This year we have the active southern jet to work with so timing will not be as much of an issue once the cold is there.

Going any place fun?
The fun trip was last Thursday at a charity golf event in Fort Lauderdale, this trip is all work across New Mexico. We are setting up some truck parking space management along the I-10 corridor using radars. I did my first weekend of volunteer ski patrol last weekend at Cataloochee. I’m going to be ready for a week home by this weekend.

Back