• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

You talk as if you trust the ensembles like Bible.... from 2 weeks out. At the same time, you call us weenies for doing what you do routinely. that's the definition of a hypocrite. You are a climate change activist and have a warm bias to all your posts and your long-range forecasts. It's getting old when you troll posters for merely pointing out weather possibilities. We are tired of all your unwarranted negativity.

Isn’t that like being mad about a diagnosis from a doctor? Getting bad news from an accountant about your financial situation?

The difference in the rest of us is @Webberweather53 has the education and career to be an authoritative voice. He has committed at least six years of education to what he does.

You may not appreciate what he has to say and you certainly have that right. For you to insult the man who is an authoritative source on these matters is ridiculous at best and insulting at worst. As far as I know, your qualifications aren’t anywhere close to his.

Isn’t that like being mad about a diagnosis from a doctor? Getting bad news from an accountant about your financial situation?

The difference in the rest of us is @Webberweather53 has the education and career to be an authoritative voice. He has committed at least six years of education to what he does.

You may not appreciate what he has to say and you certainly have that right. For you to insult the man who is an authoritative source on these matters is ridiculous at best and insulting at worst. As far as I know, your qualifications aren’t anywhere close to his.
200.gif

I am a professional with an Electrical Engineering degree from NC State ..... and I have learned over the last 59 years not to speak in absolutes about anything....... especially the weather. It's all about the presentation and having respect for other's views. @NCSNOW did not deserve being called out, and I responded with my thoughts.

I am a professional with an Electrical Engineering degree from NC State ..... and I have learned over the last 59 years not to speak in absolutes about anything....... especially the weather. It's all about the presentation and having respect for other's views. @NCSNOW did not deserve being called out, and I responded with my thoughts.
Okay well imagine he sits here and tries to talk to you about how you’re wrong with something in your field of expertise. Is his opinion as valid as yours?

My point is not all opinions hold the same value and all are definitely not equal. Certainly I do respect your opinions as I think you have valuable knowledge. I do not think this is political but as someone who is an information science professional, there has been a war on expertise like we’ve never seen in this country since social media increased in prevalence.

I’ve been around these boards for twenty years and I believe I have a good handle on why so many flourished and part of that is having those experts around and us being respectful of their time and expertise. Of course, your post would’ve likely meant you would’ve had a short run on WWBB and the ilk.

Last edited:
Back