• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I honestly think regardless of the setup, we are going to have an issue with cold air towards the end/start of the new year. I've seen worse looks though.

Hey, if it's not going to snow, may as well save money on the electric bills and get an early start to the growing season. I remember that cold snap last year that came in just to ruin farmer's plans though.
I agree I don’t care if it’s 70 most of the winter just want or two good snows in between then it can get back to warm.

There's an entire thread board for this you know
I'll just put it in here. So many get bent out of shape about those words. Warmest years on record for CLT. Every single year since 2015 made the list except 2022. It's not a debate and not worth arguing with the deniers. The only thing debatable is the cause.
20231220_184858.png

I've been around almost 50yrs and the last 25 had way more snow than the first 25. I'll take the new climate
Keep believing that. It's simply not true. You've fallen to around a 5 inch yearly average per decade since the 90s. And that's with the big storms in the early 2000s. Going from 8 to 7 to 5 seems small but that's close to 30%
fig1-snow-cities-835px-rev1.jpg

Keep believing that. It's simply not true. You've fallen to around a 5 inch yearly average per decade since the 90s. And that's with the big storms in the early 2000s. Going from 8 to 7 to 5 seems small but that's close to 30%
View attachment 138824
Of the 5 biggest snows I've seen, 4 were after 2000. 1988 is barely top 5 and then a few 6-8in storms were also after 2000.

View attachment 138824
So after 100yrs our average went from 5.6 to 5.0?

Back