• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

And no dude you clearly have no idea what you're looking at or how to interpret it. You've lost about 40% of your snowfall over the last 30 years compared to the 30 years prior. Have a good day sir
Or in other words it takes you now 30 years to get the same amount of snowfall you used to get in 20 years. But I'm the clown? That's simple 3rd grade math.

And no dude you clearly have no idea what you're looking at or how to interpret it. You've lost about 40% of your snowfall over the last 30 years compared to the 30 years prior. Have a good day sir
Maybe you can help me interpret it? You chose the peak decade to compare to. I choose the first decade 100yrs ago to now and they aren't much different

Maybe you can help me interpret it? You chose the peak decade to compare to. I choose the first decade 100yrs ago to now and they aren't much different
I clearly did not. Climate averages operate in 30 year cycles and I hope you know that being on a weather board. The 1st three decades on the chart averaged 7.8 inches of snow per year. The last 30 average 5.2. That's a pretty big drop off in snowfall.

I clearly did not. Climate averages operate in 30 year cycles and I hope you know that being on a weather board. The 1st three decades on the chart averaged 7.8 inches of snow per year. The last 30 average 5.2. That's a pretty big drop off in snowfall.
30 year averages has to be one of the dumber things that's done in weather. I said it don't @ me

Well 1400-1429 averaged 4.2 inches of snow, a sizeable increase over the last 600 yrs so a retraction was overdue

30 year averages has to be one of the dumber things that's done in weather. I said it don't @ me
Maybe so but that's how it's done. But it's clearly a drop off the last 30 years and it's clearly warmer, especially during the cold seasons. Is it cyclical? Is it because of us? I don't know. But until I see it reverse I don't have any reason to think it won't continue. If that's an unpopular opinion and hurts feelings so be it.

Maybe so but that's how it's done. But it's clearly a drop off the last 30 years and it's clearly warmer, especially during the cold seasons. Is it cyclical? Is it because of us? I don't know. But until I see it reverse I don't have any reason to think it won't continue. If that's an unpopular opinion and hurts feelings so be it.

There's probably some cyclical nature to it and I'm sure a warmer climate has pushed some of the meager events to rain. That said what is interesting to me about the data you posted is how 1901-10 and 41-50 were close to on par with what we are today what made those decades turds in a cooler climate?

As for the 30 years averages I understand why it's done but I don't agree with it.

A warmer planet has less snow and ice and heavier rain. Why is that so hard to understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's probably some cyclical nature to it and I'm sure a warmer climate has pushed some of the meager events to rain. That said what is interesting to me about the data you posted is how 1901-10 and 41-50 were close to on par with what we are today what made those decades turds in a cooler climate?
Cold and dry, suppression. Then we went through a happy medium phase of slightly warmer, but where there were some big storms due to the changes not being quite to warm. That has now lifted further north.

As for the 30 years averages I understand why it's done but I don't agree with it.
I have no idea. What's different is those turned around rather quickly after a decade. That's not happening now. If something doesn't change quickly this decade will be the 4th in a row. And that coinciding with 8 of the last 9 years being in the top 15 warmest on record in this area. That doesnt make me feel too optimistic heading into winters anymore. I know 100 years is nothing in the longterm. I'm not a climate activist, I don't believe there is any looming climate disaster. I've just lived here my whole life and know how different the winters are now. But I'm not going to mention it anymore.

GW must not affect Jonesville SC or where tractor girl lives then

I can certainly see it here with higher dews and higher min temps year around and heavier rain and more in general.

I'll just put it in here. So many get bent out of shape about those words. Warmest years on record for CLT. Every single year since 2015 made the list except 2022. It's not a debate and not worth arguing with the deniers. The only thing debatable is the cause.
View attachment 138821
It's here dude. Go here.

I can certainly see it here with higher dews and higher min temps year around and heavier rain and more in general.

There was a met in Cola SC a few years ago, I won't call his name, but he said Columbia wouldn't regularly see temps over 110 and heat indices of 120 last for weeks at a time. I don't remember his timeframe. Statements like that I tend to not believe as much. To get those temps you have to have lower dews. How is an area like SC being along the Atlantic and near the Gulf possibly get dews low enough to support those temps? There is a reason Miami doesn't break 90 very much.

It's here dude. Go here.

Thanks but I'm done, I've ruffled enough feathers. I'm complaining about my lack of snow so putting it here was fine

I have no idea. What's different is those turned around rather quickly after a decade. That's not happening now. If something doesn't change quickly this decade will be the 4th in a row. And that coinciding with 8 of the last 9 years being in the top 15 warmest on record in this area. That doesnt make me feel too optimistic heading into winters anymore. I know 100 years is nothing in the longterm. I'm not a climate activist, I don't believe there is any looming climate disaster. I've just lived here my whole life and know how different the winters are now. But I'm not going to mention it anymore.

I agree to a point. I too feel it's just warmer for whatever reason and that's put a strain on winter weather lately. I'm just currently hoping we're stuck in a climatogical rut, and that it will change our pattern for the better soon. I can only take so many more warm winters however...

January has me pretty optimistic though.

There was a met in Cola SC a few years ago, I won't call his name, but he said Columbia wouldn't regularly see temps over 110 and heat indices of 120 last for weeks at a time. I don't remember his timeframe. Statements like that I tend to not believe as much. To get those temps you have to have lower dews. How is an area like SC being along the Atlantic and near the Gulf possibly get dews low enough to support those temps? There is a reason Miami doesn't break 90 very much.
Anyone who thinks that is a moron. Our summer time temps have been kept in check with humidity and our oceans. Like you said, it’s far too humid here to support temps like that. I just wonder if magnetic north has had anything to do with the cold seemingly always in Asia.

Back