• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

These are very fascinating events. Tough to predict. The high winds with no rain make for some pretty wild sounds.
View attachment 140179
It kept waking me up last night. The tempest registered a 35 mph gust which is impressive given that it is relatively sheltered from SW winds.

I’ve just seen so many times where the cold struggled to get far to the southeast. These cold maps are probably way overdone.
I think that's right most times. But there are also times when the surface air is so cold that models have a hard time handling the forward speed of the front. Good ole JB use to talk about this years back, saying the very cold air will undercut/push much quicker than modeled.

I think that's right most times. But there are also times when the surface air is so cold that models have a hard time handling the forward speed of the front. Good ole JB use to talk about this years back, saying the very cold air will undercut/push much quicker than modeled.
The ICON did a good job with the last 3 arctic outbreaks in the past few years. Right now, it's the quickest so far.

Back