• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

a couple of legitimate shots of potential storms to track and cold with snow twice a season.

Fixed it for you. Literally nobody thinks we got wall to wall cold with snow twice a week, we just remember having some chances and it working out some times; hence the memories you speak of. The fact that most haven't even had anything to track in two years with nothing on the horizon is where the pessimism and doubt come from. Just perspective.
I can tell you this for fact. I lived in CAE from Aug 2013 until May 2018. That first winter was great even there. I remember every single winter having plenty to track, even down there. Although nothing panned out there after Feb 2014 but we were in the game. And Jan 2018 was heartbreak but very active. The last 5 years up here have offered very little fun, I mean very little. Other than Dec 2018 and Jan 2022 there hasn't been a single event that I can recall tracking for more than a couple days or so knowing it was coming and just a matter of how much. We've had plenty of novelty events pop up and a lot of storm threads to keep clutter from the discussion thread, but very boring otherwise. So there are only 2 explanations to that, either the models are better and don't head fake us as much inside 10 days, or we have really been in garbage patterns constantly and it's not just in our heads.

Last edited:
. So there are only 2 explanations to that, either the models are better and don't head fake us as much inside 10 days, or we have really been in garbage patterns constantly and it's not just in our heads.
Its both, but the past five years have been especially bad.

Ok, who did this? 324 hour maps help lighten the mood, no?
Too much to ask for. It's at the end and has perfect constant below freezing temps too after the storm.
snku_acc-imp.us_se.png
sfct-imp.us_se.png

While far from any reliable ground truth it happens in the wheel house we are all beginning to see.

Back