• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

Ambitious for sure. The US gets that much snow (as outlined) would be a hell of a winter

Drugs kill. These YouTube guys are crazy.
I mean this isn’t out of the realm of possibility this year. Would you feel better if they were calling for a below average winter lol. I enjoy the bold (and maybe too extreme) predictions.

I mean this isn’t out of the realm of possibility this year. Would you feel better if they were calling for a below average winter lol. I enjoy the bold (and maybe too extreme) predictions.
Most here would because of recent results. I love coming here and reading how bad its going to be every year. Hell, we could have a perfect set up and there would be people shouting cold rain. That said it's way to early and the youtubers putting out "their forecast" are going off of current lr models and have no clue. Im guessing somewhere between 0 - 10+/- inches for my location because it all has to play out. SMDH!

Not sure if this video has been posted, but this guy seems reasonable.

Watched it last night and seems reasonable based off of the criteria. My issue is no one has a clue what will happen in the end! We could have a record year or bust! Hats off to anyone trying to predict a long range forecast when the normal variables are out the window!

Not sure if this video has been posted, but this guy seems reasonable.

Looks like an average Winter for the most part. 30-40 inches NW Va. Beats the hell out of the last few. All we need is some cold air and a nice Miller A and everbody beats average. Got a contract on the MB condo. Need to move back North a couple states at least...lol

Looks like an average Winter for the most part. 30-40 inches NW Va. Beats the hell out of the last few. All we need is some cold air and a nice Miller A and everbody beats average. Got a contract on the MB condo. Need to move back North a couple states at least...lol
Does nw Virginia really average 30-40? I find that hard to believe unless you're in the highest peaks. Those are New England averages and DC seems to be half of that?

Yeah, they do. NW of Winchester in Frederick County especially above 1500'. There are neighborhoods with homes above 2100' actually. At least 30 i would say especially since Winchester's avg is about 25 and they are only at 750' or so.

Yeah, they do. NW of Winchester in Frederick County especially above 1500'. There are neighborhoods with homes above 2100' actually. At least 30 i would say especially since Winchester's avg is about 25 and they are only at 750' or so.
I'd love to live along that 81 corridor from Harrisonburg up to Winchester. Used to drive that area a lot. 25 inches around Winchester would be perfect. Not enough to get annoying but more than enough to make a snow lover happy.

Reactions: WSW
I'd love to live along that 81 corridor from Harrisonburg up to Winchester. Used to drive that area a lot. 25 inches around Winchester would be perfect. Not enough to get annoying but more than enough to make a snow lover happy.
Yeah, i really miss it tbh. Pretty obvious probably...lol.. MB is nice, but man, the hills and valleys and back roads and beautiful fall weather are hard to beat imo. Upstate South Carolina is beautiful as well.

Yeah, i really miss it tbh. Pretty obvious probably...lol.. MB is nice, but man, the hills and valleys and back roads and beautiful fall weather are hard to beat imo. Upstate South Carolina is beautiful as well.
Oh definitely it is. Especially along and north of 85 where you have the mtns in the background. It just doesn't snow enough here lol. I wish we could just get the big double digit years that were so common until the 90s. Now we can't sniff a double digit season, much less a double digit storm. Lol

Yeah i hear you. I lived in Boiling Springs in 2015. I remember maybe exit 10 or so off 26 you could see the mountains clearly. I would live there if they got more snow every year.

Yeah i hear you. I lived in Boiling Springs in 2015. I remember maybe exit 10 or so off 26 you could see the mountains clearly. I would live there if they got more snow every year.
Oh yeah. You can see them good all along hwy 9 through Boiling Springs. Beautiful area, just painful for snowlovers. It's amazing how age changes you. When I was a kid my family had a beach house in Garden City Beach. I wanted to move there so bad! Now I haven't been to the Myrtle Beach area in 15+ years. Just not my thing anymore. Driving a truck over the country I wanted to live in the plains or either the mountain west. I guess because it was so much different than what I was used to. I guess you just get bored with certain areas lol

Reactions: WSW
Back