• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

We don’t need degreed meteorologists to have discussions about upcoming weather events. Especially ones who are the common denominator for 85% of the forums issues currently.
I like seeing Kuchera Snowmaps as much as the next guy, but posters like Fro, Grit, and Webb that can write consistent analyses are valuable around here.

On another note, I might end up seeing more snow here next week than most will here for the season. I'll be sure to send pics/vid.

I personally like the weather a lot more out here than I did in NC to be honest. No mosquitoes, not terribly humid, even in the summer, and I get to look at lenticular clouds and thunderstorms basically every day over the mountains. Winters are extremely pleasant, sunny most every day w/ the occasional cloudy day thrown in.

High elevation Desert Southwest is a snow weenie's paradise. The mountains here really only get snow or sunshine from November to April. In a good year, you see 120"+ of snow without a single cold rain event. Only part of the year that honestly sucks is the spring/windy season when we have blowing dust/sand at least once a week and there are fires in the mountains before the monsoon sets in during late June-early July.

On another note, I might end up seeing more snow here next week than most will here for the season. I'll be sure to send pics/vid.

I personally like the weather a lot more out here than I did in NC to be honest. No mosquitoes, not terribly humid, even in the summer, and I get to look at lenticular clouds and thunderstorms basically every day over the mountains. Winters are extremely pleasant, sunny most every day w/ the occasional cloudy day thrown in.

High elevation Desert Southwest is a snow weenie's paradise. The mountains here really only get snow or sunshine from November to April. In a good year, you see 120"+ of snow without a single cold rain event. Only part of the year that honestly sucks is the spring/windy season when we have blowing dust/sand at least once a week and there are fires in the mountains before the monsoon sets in during late June-early July.
i'm sure it gets pretty humid when the monsoon kicks in !

Back