• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Stop arguing everyone. Take a look at this Beaty, swapped Honda H series engine into a veloster, with a big hood mounted turbo/external wastegate, right fender turbo dump exhaust, and the huge Intercooler. That’s a absolutely insane swap and I’m told this makes over 600 horsepower View attachment 130344
With the money y’all spend on these swaps you coulda bought you a nice fast car already instead of a big ass hot wheel

Man, you post some great stuff. But your need to be right or respected, or maybe it's a need for 'likes', ruins it. You're obviously very knowledgeable in your craft, why not post your thoughts, without caveats(bailouts) and stick to it. Essentially, if you don't want "victim", stop being a victim.

I don't need to be liked or respected. If you don't like what I have to say, there's an ignore button. I think many people here (including a few moderators in all honesty) probably should go ahead & use it instead of taking their frustrations out on the messenger (me) simply trying to objectively pass along (new) information on what I think is coming down the pipe.

Meteorology isn't straightforward, like any science, it's not exact and there are usually (but not always) caveats/"bailouts". Anyone that tells you there aren't any in every situation doesn't know what they're doing.

I'm not a moderator here and I don't run this place. Objectively, the burden of not instigating other posters on a regular basis ultimately is not on me, that's just the facts not some "victim complex"

With the money y’all spend on these swaps you coulda bought you a nice fast car already instead of a big ass hot wheel
I have been thinking about parting the veloster out and getting a 14-16 5.0 mustang this summer quite honestly. I need to experience American v8 muscle before it dies

I don't need to be liked or respected. If you don't like what I have to say, there's an ignore button. I think many people here (including a few moderators in all honesty) probably should go ahead & use it instead of taking their frustrations out on the messenger (me) simply trying to objectively pass along (new) information on what I think is coming down the pipe.

Meteorology isn't straightforward, like any science, it's not exact and there are usually (but not always) caveats/"bailouts". Anyone that tells you there aren't any in every situation doesn't know what they're doing.

I'm not a moderator here and I don't run this place. Objectively, the burden of not instigating other posters on a regular basis ultimately is not on me, that's just the facts not some "victim complex"
Hell, your victim complex is so bad, you tried to play victim for MyFro…it’s sad.

Can we not try and push away one of the only degreed meteorologists on this forum?
Nobody is running anybody away. If people can't take a challenge or some arguing, then maybe forum-type communities aren't really a good idea for them. To his credit, the degreed meteorologist is hanging in there this time.

I totally agree, what you do is a science. And as we've seen over the past few years, science still isn't a guarantee. I just don't understand why you get so defensive/offensive when somebody disagrees with you. If you believe what you're typing, then type it and move on. No harm, no foul. But you put caveats and end up wasting time defending them.

I totally agree, what you do is a science. And as we've seen over the past few years, science still isn't a guarantee. I just don't understand why you get so defensive/offensive when somebody disagrees with you. If you believe what you're typing, then type it and move on. No harm, no foul. But you put caveats and end up wasting time defending them.

Meteorology usually has caveats, it's not an exact science and a good meteorologist would know that.

Nobody is running anybody away. If people can't take a challenge or some arguing, then maybe forum-type communities aren't really a good idea for them. To his credit, the degreed meteorologist is hanging in there this time.
He doesn’t hang long….degrees don’t earn you thick skin!

We don’t need degreed meteorologists to have discussions about upcoming weather events. Especially ones who are the common denominator for 85% of the forums issues currently.
Your discussion for weather forums is downplaying severe weather threats the morning of events at 9-10am, and saying nobody in AL is getting snow when areas got up To a inch or 2 with that clipper, and saying bama could get the biggest snow since 93 with just GFS support 8-9 days out
D329681B-1506-4A66-A912-8B3E42110C57.jpeg

Back