• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2021-2022 predictions

Wow one northern winter broke you real quick! But trust me I get it. I've experienced northern plains and Rocky mtn cold myself. I can handle a NYC winter. And even Chicago because I like snow. But that out your way is just brutal and disrespectful. And the wind there makes it even worse.
If it wasn’t for me taking this high paying job up here I would of stayed in Alabama…and I can admit a snow weenie like me who barely seen as much snow I’ve have seen my entire life after just one year up here has been awesome but them freaking cold ? temps and wind ? is just to much to bare

I’m just not ready to see the blue colors right now give me about another 4 months or so
We have done alot of sleepless nights in winter hoping like hell the models will trend in our favor for a winter storm. February was good to my area, but it was a rarity with the three winter storms in one week ????

We have done alot of sleepless nights in winter hoping like hell the models will trend in our favor for a winter storm. February was good to my area, but it was a rarity with the three winter storms in one week ????
We don't ever see it snow at 12 degrees very often with winds blowing 15-20??

I've seen times the models actually did trend in our favor, only to bust at verification time.

Might be the best ECMWF seasonal look I’ve seen in some time, fits the frontloaded theme as it switched to a mega SER in February View attachment 90250
This is honestly what I’ve been thinking. It’s not too far off from what we had in Dec/Jan last year, but the big difference is that I do think there will be some cold air in the North American source regions to work with. Now I’m in now way saying that I think we see wall to wall cold for 2 months… I’m thinking more in the way up and down swings to where we come out close to average where as last year we just saw temperatures around average most days. I do think February is probably gonna torch as SER ridge really pumps up based on Niña climo… the only thing that could effect that is if the -NAO holds like we saw last year and CAD regions end up getting wedged.

This is honestly what I’ve been thinking. It’s not too far off from what we had in Dec/Jan last year, but the big difference is that I do think there will be some cold air in the North American source regions to work with. Now I’m in now way saying that I think we see wall to wall cold for 2 months… I’m thinking more in the way up and down swings to where we come out close to average where as last year we just saw temperatures around average most days. I do think February is probably gonna torch as SER ridge really pumps up based on Niña climo… the only thing that could effect that is if the -NAO holds like we saw last year and CAD regions end up getting wedged.
I think February is overall warm too, but not an exclusively non-winter month. I think it will still contain a cold shot with perhaps a chance to thread the needle.

-ENSO Decembers occasionally give a chance or two. We'll see if this winter has anything

Might be the best ECMWF seasonal look I’ve seen in some time, fits the frontloaded theme as it switched to a mega SER in February View attachment 90250
I’ll take front loaded!!!!! Less waiting ? but also we can always try to finagle a -NAO late game to shut that SER up .. maybe a little early January SSWE ???? ?

Back