• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

NHC shifting track east due to relocation/reforming of LLC but still only modest strengthening. Seems shear should plague Fred till LF, we shall see

Reactions: SD
The 11 AM update is going to be interesting. I wonder if the NHC will issue a hurricane watch along with the inevitable TS warning? I suspect so.
Welp, the NHC certainly isn't bullish on much strengthening. They're counting on SW shear to keep Fred in check.

This is setting up to bring unneeded heavy rain for the Atlanta area. Most of that area has had above normal rainfall this summer and thus this could be setting them up for flooding concerns. The NHC projected track is the type of track that often brings them multiple inches of rain within a short period. Fortunately, it looks to not be a slow mover, however (more like average speed for a TC in that area in August).

This is setting up to bring unneeded heavy rain for the Atlanta area. Most of that area has had above normal rainfall this summer and thus this could be setting them up for flooding concerns.

Flooding gonna be significant unless it busts.
That bullseye of 4-6 parts of upstate ne Georgia western Nc. Need the rain but not this much

27d19d2909d62443a7099f0d8c4997d2.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched TWC, they were showing gfs had a Destin LF but majority of the ens were west of that. Depends on the NNW motion of how long it will go before the turn.

And to me, it looks like Fred is moving very slowly. Zoomed in and the LLC looks almost stationary.
Looks like convection is increasing near the LLC too. Mainly to the east. Now let's see if this continues and is able to begin wrapping around to the north of the exposed center.

Back