• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

First let me say I’m very happy and appreciative to be back. Now with that said I have a few things to say about Fred. I’m quite concerned about the amount of rain that may fall in parts of NE Georgia upstate Sc and western NC. The combination of Fred and that front that’s basically parked itself and how the southern Appalachians have away of ringing out moisture from storms. The CMC been very aggressive showing 6 plus inches of rain. We may see a pretty significant flooding event if this much rain falls along with few mudslides in the mountains. Fred maybe a fairly sloppy weak storm but the rain this coming in the days ahead Monday-Wednesday could really be a top weather story to pay attention to.
Welcome back. It has been dry here in my backyard lately, but most of the area has been wet. We finally got hit yesterday and may get more the next 2 days. Today and tomorrow may not be too bad with flooding, but Tuesday could very well be another story with Fred coming up and that front. It seems like Fred may actually come farther east after all and if it does Tuesday could be rough, especially from the Golden Corner of SC up through the western foothills of NC. Not sure I'd like to be in the area from Tryon NC up to around Jonas Ridge if everything comes together right.

Last night when I was looking at radar. Almost looked like the center was trying to reform close to key west. NHC hasn’t really been to accurate with the exact location of the center of it. Hints why the track gonna shift back east. While the cmc could be a little aggressive on rain totals it’s been consistent on the bullseye and footprint of heavy rain. So I do expect a shift east with track with all the heavy rain on the east side as well.

10e8189257bd089c4d60f0baf6ead61c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might have to think about a small Tornado threat too.

Might have to think about a small Tornado threat too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see tornado watches issued in that footprint of rain. As it moves inland

Wouldn’t be surprised to see tornado watches issued in that footprint of rain. As it moves inland

Agree with that. Especially if it can get better organized and up to 60-70 mph in strength. It does not take a hurricane to produce tornadoes.
My county got hit with an EF-3 back in 1994 from tropical storm Beryl

We have been swamped with torrential downpours almost daily here in most of ATL, 2 inches in an hour in my yard yesterday afternoon. Not going to take a lot more to be a significant flood threat. We are literally "waterlogged".

Do the hurricane models ever not ramp these things up to a hurricane? Geez lol
It’s like forecasters at NHC and other Mets , don’t even try with intensity forecasts anymore ! They just say it’s hard to predict and we will see, and they just leave it at that! TWC seemed disappointed as of yesterday, because it looked to stay extremely weak! Always a wild card

It’s like forecasters at NHC and other Mets , don’t even try with intensity forecasts anymore ! They just say it’s hard to predict and we will see, and they just leave it at that! TWC seemed disappointed as of yesterday, because it looked to stay extremely weak! Always a wild card
They are weather nerds man. They want Cats 5s like we do. It’s in our blood.

The 11 AM update is going to be interesting. I wonder if the NHC will issue a hurricane watch along with the inevitable TS warning? I suspect so.

Back