• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

I think I said about 3-4 days ago, this would track more West and not up the Florida W coast! And now both big models give Shetley 3-5” of rain! I’m glad he finally will get a tropical system to end his 7 year drought!

263298dee7c99af88e8a49141ce2fbfdb828c5b0a940af629b598d148b339ba2.gif
Gefs still west of the OP run. Good agreement on FL/AL line

First let me say I’m very happy and appreciative to be back. Now with that said I have a few things to say about Fred. I’m quite concerned about the amount of rain that may fall in parts of NE Georgia upstate Sc and western NC. The combination of Fred and that front that’s basically parked itself and how the southern Appalachians have away of ringing out moisture from storms. The CMC been very aggressive showing 6 plus inches of rain. We may see a pretty significant flooding event if this much rain falls along with few mudslides in the mountains. Fred maybe a fairly sloppy weak storm but the rain this coming in the days ahead Monday-Wednesday could really be a top weather story to pay attention to.

Back