• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Barry

Storm is no longer forecasted to become a hurricane according to the latest advisory.

yet they issued hurricane warnings lol

They probably still forecast it between points

While not explicitly shown in the
forecast, there is a significant chance that Barry will be a
hurricane when it makes landfall between 36-48 h in agreement with
the HWRF and GFS models.

Last edited:
Very disorganized and with the time and proximity to land I could see this staying below hurricane strength....at the same time it's in some.pretty warm water and a sustained convective blowup could jump it up quickly.

Very disorganized and with the time and proximity to land I could see this staying below hurricane strength....at the same time it's in some.pretty warm water and a sustained convective blowup could jump it up quickly.
It's a race to see whether it can reach land before it becomes a hurricane. It all comes down to track and speed. If the west tracks are right, then it just might get there.

It's a race to see whether it can reach land before it becomes a hurricane. It all comes down to track and speed. If the west tracks are right, then it just might get there.

True. Wind was never gonna be the story with this one anyways. The flooding threat is very real.

7:00 PM CDT Thu Jul 11

Moving: W at 3 mph
Min pressure: 1001 mb
Max sustained:
45 mph

Random question. Am I the only member here in the path of Barry, besides those who get some rain in MS and AL?
Check the member map. Not everyone posts. There’s more over at Cat 6 blog in your area (weather underground).

Back