• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

THATS A LOT OF ICE FOR SOME PPL. EVEN THE NE TIP OF GA GETS IN ON THE ACTION . NOW THIS IS THE GDPS SO ..

gdps.zr_acc.us_ov.2019010900-loop (4).gif

How was the GEFS @ 0z

Brad p does not buy the ice and just says a r/s mix in clt with no accums and snow north

I don't even know, during his vlog yesterday he showed Zr as being a r/s mix on the gfs, kinda confused me lol, tim at greensboro already released the alarm for ice, brad can be pretty conservative and take time

Yea this is predominately Ice or Cold Rain. Areas along VA/NC state line back into northern /central mtns could get several hours light snow before mixing. Northern mtns may be able to fend off mixing issues. But for the rest of us any snow will be short lived and over to sleet / freezing rain. Then its a matter of how long surface temps/cad stays locked in as well as erode from outside in before precip exits.

Yeah living in Rowan county I sit in the spot for some bad icing, have alot of trees around my house to

Need to see if continues but a better trend with the low and HP, maybe that can turn this into a sleetfest instead of a icestormView attachment 10368
Great gif, I was causally just looking at the same thing.

Edit; actually just re looked a this again....

Models seem to be slowing down a bit, but that hurts us as far as timing. We need it to be overnight to take advantage of the wedge. But I’d caution anyone to write this off for the triangle or NC in general.

CMC looks better though. I don’t like the timing however (18z). Would feel better if this was a little earlier
bed44efea18b69efcb6209cc5224160f.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
NAM seems to agree on the more north track of the FV3. The EURO op is more in that camp too now. Will be interested to see trends today.

Brad p does not buy the ice and just says a r/s mix in clt with no accums and snow north

I'd agree with him on this one. Too amped, too north, and the high is too north as well for my liking. Next up, the pattern thread looking for the next threat, lol.

Back