• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

That 2nd piece of energy will be something to watch. The FV3 also has that 2nd piece of energy. There could be another system on the tail end of the first system.
396d07d9e9dd3444643979cf100ecb01.jpg
I've been watching this to as well, each run moisture is coming north. Some gefs members show this kind of solution, not strong signal but it's there.

Still some sexy DP’s out ahead. This thing may come down to how fast we can get precip to start falling DBEE8803-7881-4670-9AA0-BBCD02545ABB.png

I still think front in snow or sleet possible but definitely not a lot especially outside mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say it. But this storm isn’t going to produce for north Alabama. Our system will be a couple weeks down the road.

How can you say definitively what will and won't happen in the next week ?

We all know how inconsistent the models are. They can lose a system only to bring it back a few days later.

Some gefs members have a second energy of some what trying set in behind this storm

How can you say definitively what will and won't happen in the next week ?

We all know how inconsistent the models are. They can lose a system only to bring it back a few days later.

Not enough cold air is established for us to have a snow for this on the 2m temps and on the 850’s.

We need a more established cold air mass to the north/northwest of us to score. I put 2 pictures of what it needs to look like for us to score.

The reason why North Carolina gets snow and not Alabama they have the CAD (Cold Air Damming) effect going for them. 93B83E69-175F-463C-9CD7-182DF22B96AF.jpeg0CD874FA-8A30-4B6D-A5B4-95E7C4637106.png

Euro continues to keep a more strung out/sheared wave, could this be right ? Gfs tends to overamp but pattern does support more amplified storms with a east based -nao, but we've seen things unexpectedly happen

Euro continues to keep a more strung out/sheared wave, could this be right ? Gfs tends to overamp but pattern does support more amplified storms with a east based -nao, but we've seen things unexpectedly happen

The Euro Op is more likely to be correct as it has much better support from the ensembles, both GEFS and EPS.

Back