• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

I think it’s trending towards a ice storm vs snow storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something else to keep an eye on but the 00z NAM has that southern wave significantly further south than the FV3-GFS. The NAM is often subject to some pretty big shifts outside of 60 hours so nothing to hang our hats on yet, but yet another thing to keep an eye on.

namconus_z500_vort_us_53.png

fv3p_z500_vort_us_16.png

Edit: The 18z GFS actually is much more similar to the NAM, so it'll be interesting to see if the further south track continues to hold.

gfs_z500_vort_us_16.png

Last edited:
Something else to keep an eye on but the 00z NAM has that southern wave WAY further south than the GFS. The NAM is often subject to some pretty big shifts outside of 60 hours so nothing to hang our hats on yet, but yet another thing to keep an eye on.

fv3p_z500_vort_us_16.png

Edit: The 18z GFS actually is much more similar to the NAM, so it'll be interesting to see if the further south track continues to hold.

gfs_z500_vort_us_16.png
Confluence is South also! Just give me stronger confluence, I’ll take my chances with precip!

The 0Z ICON looks like a significant ice storm for the NW Piedmont of NC.

Something else to keep an eye on but the 00z NAM has that southern wave significantly further south than the FV3-GFS. The NAM is often subject to some pretty big shifts outside of 60 hours so nothing to hang our hats on yet, but yet another thing to keep an eye on.

fv3p_z500_vort_us_16.png

gfs_z500_vort_us_16.png
Also notice how nam is dropping heights out in front over the GOM. Noise for now since it’s the NAM, but something to watch

1012 mb low on Tx La border Sat, on 0z GFS! High strong, but in a bad spot. Could get messy in CAD

Low going through ATL, much more robust, not much wintry outside the mountains! We toss

Yeah, this storm is looking more and more likely a Mid-Atlantic/Northeastern storm. The only place that does get winter weather further south is western NC.

As stated above, there is a second piece of energy at the tail end of the fv3, I notice with every run the energy has came north. Second energy showed snow around Brent neck of woods, something to keep watch for sure

Back