• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

This looks like a repeat of the DEC storm, especially for the CAD regions of NC and Upstate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Expect this to strengthen next few runs of course, just like the December storm.
That is what I have been thinking, too. The way it is evolving on the model runs reminds me of the December storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re along I-20 and/or I-85 in AL or GA, we’ll need some serious help with this one. Not saying it ain’t possible, but do your damndest not to fall hard for the snow accumulation maps.

Edit- @DarkKnight, that wasn’t geared towards you- you’ve been around long enough - was mostly gearing that towards others who might be vulnerable to get sucked in

“Need some help” scenarios don’t work out for us. Maybe it’s my imagination but models usually sniff out an I-20 snow event well in advance. They may trend away from it but it’s there initially. This was never our storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this one doesnt pan out it's not all lost though..keep that in mind. I'm speaking for upstate SC and Ne Ga. Euro weeklies look awesome last week of Jan into Feb for some serious cold and -NAO. Better chance on the way if we dont go into suppression city.

Keep in mind this..... I know some are comparing this to dec and I see some similar things but also some not so much.

The good news is that TD’s are forecasted to be much lower before anything falls. We are not hoping and praying to see sub freezing dew points rushing in at last minute. That’s a good thing.

The high looks/forecasted to be stronger (yet to be determined) than the dec storm as well. Again good thing.

The only thing is, will it get into a “prime” position for the cad areas? Dec storm finally made it there but late.

All in all, this one has potential but for prob many areas that saw the dec storm. Outside those areas watch and see approach but we still might be waiting. (Hint pattern is forecasted to be much better soon)

“Need some help” scenarios don’t work out for us. Maybe it’s my imagination but models usually sniff out an I-20 snow event well in advance. They may trend away from it but it’s there initially. This was never our storm.

I was speaking more delicately. I agree that I-20/85 specials thru GA/AL are normally modeled well in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting to become more interested in that second piece of energy.
That 2nd piece of energy will be something to watch. The FV3 also has that 2nd piece of energy. There could be another system on the tail end of the first system.
396d07d9e9dd3444643979cf100ecb01.jpg

That 2nd piece of energy will be something to watch. The FV3 also has that 2nd piece of energy. There could be another system on the tail end of the first system.
396d07d9e9dd3444643979cf100ecb01.jpg

But would there be cold air for that one

Back