• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

FV3 looks like it's back to the OH Valley storm? Does have initial snow though in areas of NC/SC, probably goes from that to ice, then eventually rain.

Could be wrong of course though.

MA forum is worried about this thing going south now

I know the MA wants snow to. But come on they see snow a lot more then we do and more of it. Anyway the gefs is the most positive thing we have right now. Definitely looks like a miller Bish storm. Now just have to figure out how cold it will actually be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs- trended better and colder CaD areas do better

Gefs- better that snow line further south

Fv3- warmer further north nothing outside the mountains

According to the other board because of the government shutdown the GFS isn't getting all its model data inputted. It doesn't mean it's wrong just having agreement from the Euro would be helpful.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

According to the other board because of the government shutdown the GFS isn't getting all its model data inputted. It doesn't mean it's wrong just having agreement from the Euro would be helpful.

Shutting the GFS down may be money well saved.

Hate to say it. But this storm isn’t going to produce for north Alabama. Our system will be a couple weeks down the road.

If you’re along I-20 and/or I-85 in AL or GA, we’ll need some serious help with this one. Not saying it ain’t possible, but do your damndest not to fall hard for the snow accumulation maps.

Edit- @DarkKnight, that wasn’t geared towards you- you’ve been around long enough - was mostly gearing that towards others who might be vulnerable to get sucked in

Last edited:

I thought accurate data input for weather modeling was essential for life saving purposes. This doesn’t make much sense...

I thought accurate data input for weather modeling was essential for life saving purposes. This doesn’t make much sense...

Perhaps off topic a bit, but not much yet this winter makes much sense ... now back to trial preparation ... and it'll snow up a blizzard down here in a bit while yours truly is locked in a room with no windows, inside a sterile courthouse ...

If you’re along I-20 and/or I-85 in AL or GA, we’ll need some serious help with this one. Not saying it ain’t possible, but do your damndest not to fall hard for the snow accumulation maps.

Edit- @DarkKnight, that wasn’t geared towards you- you’ve been around long enough - was mostly gearing that towards others who might be vulnerable to get sucked in
Nope, no offense taken. Just looked at it as your adding to the post. ???

Back