• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

Oh but not upstate sc and ne Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet but if that high is correct I'd say you still have a shot.... I'd still like to see it further south but it's much better than it's previous run and the GFS
icon_mslp_wind_us_44.png

Doesn’t do much for many on the board.

Consider the ICON has had a warm bias, consider the slp is weaker and in a much better position, also consider the hp is in a much better position, so while that map doesn't do much for many on this board it is a step in the right direction.

This is looking like a Miller B/CAD storm which lately haven't gave a lot of SC anything lately. Need a Miller A storm.

This is looking like a Miller B/CAD storm which lately haven't gave a lot of SC anything lately. Need a Miller A storm.
I would say the ICON trended towards more of a Miller A storm but again it's just one run or many, will be interesting to see what the Euro and the Ukie show in a little while

Miller B’s can work for for CAD areas in both Carolinas and into NE GA. It’s not anyone’s first choice of storm track around here but it can sometimes work for ice events

Miller B’s can work for for CAD areas in both Carolinas and into NE GA. It’s not anyone’s first choice of storm track around here but it can sometimes work for ice events
They can also screw the Central NC crowd when it transfers energy to the coastal slp....
I still think we have a long ways to go to have any idea if this will be a A/B or flat out F

Don't look @Rain Cold or @SD or if you do please issue your rant in the banter thread Lol.... one model run or many to go but again step in right direction

icon_asnow_seus_61.png
I started to report this post for trolling! :)

Actually, that snowfall distribution makes sense, given what the model is showing with the feature placement. The bottom portion of those accums, especially, should be trimmed back. But there's no need to worry about those kinds of details much right now. If you look at the surface high strength and placement, as well as the low placement, it's a very good configuration for a winter storm for portions of the SE. I wish the low was consolidated as it moves from the Gulf off of the SE coast, but it's not. It reforms and does that Miller A/B thing, at least on the model.

I started to report this post for trolling! :)

Actually, that snowfall distribution makes sense, given what the model is showing with the feature placement. The bottom portion of those accums, especially, should be trimmed back. But there's no need to worry about those kinds of details much right now. If you look at the surface high strength and placement, as well as the low placement, it's a very good configuration for a winter storm for portions of the SE. I wish the low was consolidated as it moves from the Gulf off of the SE coast, but it's not. It reforms and does that Miller A/B thing, at least on the model.
Yep the secondary lp develops just off the NC coast, this could also work, for us anyway, if that occurs further offshore.... but I'm more intrigued by the placement of that hp, still needs improvement but it's much better than way up yonder in dem der Canadian lands

d019f9ec95fb130fb0a4074d0286fd34.jpg

Gfs says no snow for most outside mountains. And even mountains may not see much

I think we can about put a fork in this one

We can’t just yet but it’s getting there. Most folks outside the mountains will be hard pressed to see much frozen precip with this setup that’s currently being modeled.

But hey this is building our NE snow pack and getting us ready for the real show later in the month :p

Could that low cut like that with that high pressure their?

Back