• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Lots of time for dry to go to droughty droughty, takes long time, then boom lots of water fall on dry go wetty wetty, but still takes time to to get rid of it
So why does it take time? You are viewing it very one-dimensionally, whats taking time to reflect improved conditions, certainly not waterways, and definitely not precip totals. Perhaps plants are taken into account for drought monitoring and reflect the lag.

How did the drought for wake county remain the same with the rainfall we have received? I know they take into account many things, not just precip.
Heavy rain probably went more into run off versus absorption given the permeation rates of the loamy and clay soil types found in wake county. Given the extreme precip rates and run off the drought wasn't alleviated well into the root zone the sunny dry and hot conditions along with elevated evapotranspiration likely used up the soil moisture that was introduced by the storms yielding a net 0 effect on the existing drought conditions

So why does it take time? You are viewing it very one-dimensionally, whats taking time to reflect improved conditions, certainly not waterways, and definitely not precip totals. Perhaps plants are taken into account for drought monitoring and reflect the lag.
Has to bake....

Definitely some serious rain again today. Street flooding now an issue.

Any truth to the video on social media of 18 wheelers in Raleigh driving through 4 feet of water?

Heavy rain probably went more into run off versus absorption given the permeation rates of the loamy and clay soil types found in wake county. Given the extreme precip rates and run off the drought wasn't alleviated well into the root zone the sunny dry and hot conditions along with elevated evapotranspiration likely used up the soil moisture that was introduced by the storms yielding a net 0 effect on the existing drought conditions
EXACTLY. As I said, takes time for constant/scattered storms to do work, we need a tropical system or cutoff

EXACTLY. As I said, takes time for constant/scattered storms to do work, we need a tropical system or cutoff

2 days with 2+ inch amounts......today closer to 4 inches takes care of things real quick. Out of all the eastern half of the state my little neck of the woods is the only spot under flood advisories.

Attachments

• 20210610_173550.jpg
    20210610_173550.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 5
Few more. Looks like a significant amount of rain heading there way too.

About as deep as I've ever seen. One hurricane a few years ago one road was abt 6inches below the bottom of mailboxes. This isn't far from that.

View attachment 85147View attachment 85149View attachment 85150
Drought conditions are starting to get worrisome .. in all seriousness though with all the drought talk .. I think if we continue to see these type of scattered storm days we will eventually pry ourselves out of drought but at the very least it’s making severe drought way less of a possibility vs just abnormally dry conditions

Nothing to speak of here since last Thursday night. If not for that storm then we would still be very dry. Some places in the western parts of SC and NC are still waiting for storms. They are avoiding I-85 from Anderson to near Charlotte big time so far for most of this week. The end of the pattern is in sight too with next week looking hot and dry for most of us. Once we get into that pattern I do not see it changing for a long time.

Dropping in to say hi, at 14.23” for the month just west of PGV. Went from a drought and ban burn to memorable summer totals in under a week. Images from this afternoon, not sure what bubbles up in the last one but will take a closer look tomorrow. Appears we are prime time tomorrow, again with PWATs ~2.25”

BBC467E5-7282-4A11-913B-46CD46F42F12.png

E1CEA331-AA5C-40E9-84AA-E85FE4DF4B8B.jpeg

102BA133-1C5E-40B3-90DB-853D9BD9C8FB.jpeg

A08F1179-2AC6-4226-B480-1A90FC6450E2.jpeg

2 days with 2+ inch amounts......today closer to 4 inches takes care of things real quick. Out of all the eastern half of the state my little neck of the woods is the only spot under flood advisories.

Radarscope has 7-10" over parts of Greenville and central Pit Co since yesterday......most models have 2-3" or more over the next couple of days and that does not include the 5-8" we got county wide last Wed.....so parts of Pitt Co are going to have received 15-20ish inches of rain over the last 10 or so days.

Again, clever parody of others and then piggybacking off shane. Genius , really a genius .
That’s the point I’ve been making since I started saying something about it earlier, get out your feelings and play 8 ball with me on iMessage man

Dropping in to say hi, at 14.23” for the month just west of PGV. Went from a drought and ban burn to memorable summer totals in under a week. Images from this afternoon, not sure what bubbles up in the last one but will take a closer look tomorrow. Appears we are prime time tomorrow, again with PWATs ~2.25”

View attachment 85159

View attachment 85156

View attachment 85157

View attachment 85158

I got one of those yard flooded pics....that River Birch was dropping leaves like crazy a few weeks back when it was so dry.....dont reckon its to dry now....

flood.jpg

Back