• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Sorry man plenty of summer to go though. Once we recover from the front next week I think you have plenty of chances
Yeah true, last June sucked for lightning but July was amazing, got so many photos in July

Well I guess the MCS didn't weaken as fast as I thought.

Waking up to a decent line of non-severe t'storms.

suspect the 90*F+ high today ain't going to happen either.

Well I guess the MCS didn't weaken as fast as I thought.

Waking up to a decent line of non-severe t'storms.

suspect the 90*F+ high today ain't going to happen either.

Correction:

The line decayed as soon as it reached the Dallas County border. Not even going to get the benefit of a heavy/torrential downpour from this.

Driving into town cane across a ditch that runs under the road and the small trees were bent over where the water rushed over the top and came across the road. Also found my grill and lawn furniture blown over. We had a heck of storm round midnight and I'm guessing it was worse than I thought.

Reactions: SD
Getting a sneaky suspicion I’ll get missed today from the south/west, which atp isn’t even surprising

Forecasting 108F here today, if that verifies, it would be the warmest temp ever observed this early in the calendar year down here and within 5F of the all time record. Warmest temp I ever experienced in my life was 107 in Fayetteville (2007), might surpass that in a few hours.

Also idc if it’s a dry or soaking wet heat, it’s too damn hot ?

I
I think you are just in the unlucky spot, like I was last June. Even looking at future radars, that stuff up around Boone and just west of I-77 near the VA border manages to move right through the 485 loop and then through southern Cabarrus and all of Union counties before crossing into SC…. It’s like there is a wall blocking anything from the northwest half of Cabarrus county

Well decided to bail on my offshore trip tomorrow. Not even sure the boat will go out in a SCA and forecast of 4-6 swells but it can go I'm gonna keep my butt at the house.

Back