• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Has the official site instigator validated your station? Standby while we compare radar estimates with ground truth....
I think you don't get my methods, see I don't validate by radar estimates I validate in the middle of the night when I check your station. Also, where is the notion ground truth is superseded by radar estimates coming from? I think you and shane came up with that one as virtually no one to my knowledge has questioned your rainfall totals. I only use it to see the larger area. Thank you and your station did not pass, found out it was located in Canada not NC. Bad siting.

It was just very wrong for my area. It looked dead on for Apex and Triangle area. I didnt get anything other than brief shower til today.
My comment certainly wasn't directed at you lol.... those radar estimates give a good general idea but are not accurate down to exact locations that's for sure. I've seen radar estimates of .5 over my house when I didn't receive any, but just a mile or so down the road got the rain. You know and I know and most know it's why they are called radar "estimates"

Radar estimates have verified you getting rain buddy ! Unfortunately Halifax county not looking good at all. Drought , heavy drought to expand and persist .

I think you don't get my methods, see I don't validate by radar estimates I validate in the middle of the night when I check your station. Also, where is the notion ground truth is superseded by radar estimates coming from? I think you and shane came up with that one as virtually no one to my knowledge has questioned your rainfall totals. I only use it to see the larger area. Thank you and your station did not pass, found out it was located in Canada not NC. Bad siting.

Idk, maybe it's the tone in your post but sure sounds like to me you've questioned other's rainfall totals.

That's pretty spot on, I picked up another .25 with a rather intense rain shower this morning that ummm I didn't expect when I was out running Lol.

edit: and that hole right in the middle that stretches down to your area just sucks

Idk, maybe it's the tone in your post but sure sounds like to me you've questioned other's rainfall totals.
Lol, the first quoted post was me playing along to you and shanes joke about radar estimates ( something you and him kept going on about, after me and shane had moved on mind you). Still don't see a single post where I questioned anyone quoted rainfall totals. You know you and Shane instigate a whole lot right? Quite literally I debate shane a bit then you pick it up and blow it up into this? Shame! Seriously man its not good.

That's pretty spot on, I picked up another .25 with a rather intense rain shower this morning that ummm I didn't expect when I was out running Lol.

edit: and that hole right in the middle that stretches down to your area just sucks
Matches map I posted pretty well too.

Lol, the first quoted post was me playing along to you and shanes joke about radar estimates ( something you and him kept going on about, after me and shane had moved on mind you). Still don't see a single post where I questioned anyone quoted rainfall totals. You know you and Shane instigate a whole lot right? Quite literally I debate shane a bit then you pick it up and blow it up into this? Shame! Seriously man its not good.

This is why I just mentally ignore you, you're ALWAYS right and everyone else is ALWAYS wrong.... you do you.

This is why I just mentally ignore you, you're ALWAYS right and everyone else is ALWAYS wrong.... you do you.
Im wrong when I am wrong I didn't suggest anyone was wrong here?, please I am begging you show me where I questioned anyone rainfall totals ? You say I am, don't slander me without proving it. Honestly it sounds like you are the one who is always right ...

Im wrong when I am wrong I didn't suggest anyone was wrong here?, please I am begging you show me where I questioned anyone rainfall totals ? You say I am, don't slander me without proving it. Honestly it sounds like you are the one who is always right ...
Again your tone and the things you post suggest you are questioning other's rainfall totals as in the post below. I'm not going to keep hashing this out with you, besides all of this really is whamby but I just don't visit that thread any (way too annoying even for me) but this is the last thing I'll say about it. And if all of your post have been sarcastic and you aren't questioning anyone's rainfall totals, shortage, drought, etc then my apologies and as you said, you were right.

Have you checked radar estimates at all? I’m only quoting the highest totals, eastern NC is absolutely coated with high totals right now . Sorry not sorry ! Don’t be a weenie because you didn’t get the highest totals !

Again your tone and the things you post suggest you are questioning other's rainfall totals as in the post below. I'm not going to keep hashing this out with you, besides all of this really is whamby but I just don't visit that thread any (way too annoying even for me) but this is the last thing I'll say about it. And if all of your post have been sarcastic and you aren't questioning anyone's rainfall totals, shortage, drought, etc then my apologies and as you said, you were right.
The final quote was in response to @SD me trying to show there was widespread rain, not me suggesting his total was wrong. His argument was about lack of drought removal, I was arguing that in fact, a very large part of eastern NC had received significant rain, if not the majority of it. I thought that was pretty clear. The ending, admittedly non-main thread part of the post is me suggesting he is focusing solely on his backyard (his argument was I ignored it and other areas that missed out, which in my view were in the minority to the larger area). Perhaps it could have been said seriously but I interact with @SD a lot of the times this way and he understands and returns the favor.

Back