• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

You can find marine fossils up to the fall line. I never tried exploring the little river or moccasin creek for fossils. What do you look for ? Do you dig in or something ?

Here in the creek we search you have to find the gravel bed. Then dig and sift. Its been popular recently so easy to access places are getting hit hard. Still in an hour its nothing to find 30 to 40 sharks teeth and other fossils.

Curious, so at the end of the ice age there was no sound system , it was all just flood plain. Eventually the waters rose , land sank a bit and it flooded and formed the sound system. Wondering if that process is still ongoing and if the land around Greenville is sinking and sound creeping a bit inland .
?

used to find "fossilized" shells etc, in rocks/clay, even in Fayettnam.. especially around Lock & dams, around the "fall-line"..
My experience as a young teen, At Methodist College, in Fayettnam, On the Cape Fear River, there were several "waterfalls" EG: *Party spots* you could find sharks teeth, Marine fossilized shells & the like, in Limestone/White clay outcrops..

Last edited:
A shame we have to look at this sham of a vote everytime we come into this thread ... the winner is.. not what we have ... clearly not a dictatorship we live in hereView attachment 84845
Yeah it would have been cool if people voted before it closed and the thread started. @Myfrotho704_ is in charge of the polls now. Talk to him about July

used to find "fossilized" shells etc, in rocks/clay, even in Fayettnam.. especially around Lock & dams, around the "fall-line"..
My experience as a young teen, At Methodist College, in Fayettnam, On the Cape Fear River, there were several "waterfalls" EG: *Party spots* you could find sharks teeth, Marine fossilized shells & the like, in Limestone/White clay outcrops..

The fall line was the coast during the PETM. Oh and tropical SSTs where around 36C.

6f35477c0d69fa3cda3f9d24efff6aa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back