• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

My lotto $449 SPY puts for Friday are printing….if I would’ve had the balls to buy them yesterday. Sigh. We’ll try again.

My lotto $449 SPY puts for Friday are printing….if I would’ve had the balls to buy them yesterday. Sigh. We’ll try again.
If you bought those today you will probably be IV crushed tomorrow unless something changes over night..

Added this spec bio in PM. I am 20% of a full position as this could get really fall if data is bad down the line. Will add shares on dips.

Maybe I’m too used to the Fed Governors all sharing their opinion about tapering, but I don’t think tomorrow is going to be about Powell announcing, “tapering to start during X month."

I'm gonna go ahead and admit it...this might actually be a little wrong in that you might at least get "told the way it'll be instead of some vagueness". RIP

What's interesting though is at least so far, I think bonds are reacting more than stocks by talk to the other Fed members. The reaction isn't "no movement", but it isn't really "that" strong. Like futures were already pressured yesterday before Bullard talked because China's stock market face planted.

Added this spec bio in PM. I am 20% of a full position as this could get really fall if data is bad down the line. Will add shares on dips.

Think I might sell a $5 put for $50. Seems like free money - famous last words.

I'm gonna go ahead and admit it...this might actually be a little wrong in that you might at least get "told the way it'll be instead of some vagueness". RIP

What's interesting though is at least so far, I think bonds are reacting more than stocks by talk to the other Fed members. The reaction isn't "no movement", but it isn't really "that" strong. Like futures were already pressured yesterday before Bullard talked because China's stock market face planted.
What if they don't say they "actually" told us but instead actually "tell" us that they're not going to be vague any longer? Instead they clear it up by citing historical precedent and laying out a path but retain flexibility to adjust course as the road ahead remains murky at best. We could either take that down.

Kinda did get "told how it is". The TL/DR:

Substantial further progress has been met on inflation.

Substantial further progress hasn't been made on employment.

It's fair to question what will stand as substantial further progress on employment.

I think in the end, you're probably going to end up with something like 2013 where tapering is announced in November and it starts in December or January.

And on the news...record highs for the S&P (barely) and Nasdaq (with a little more comfort)...lulz.

Boom. I added a bunch of shares through $7.60, moderate position for a spec bio...for me. Not selling...this is either going to $20 or I amgoing to take a look sub $5.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 10.19.59 AM.png

$XBI pissing me off....i had bids in at 126.60 and never got close yesterday...got to $127.6. There's no dips in this market when momo gets going.

sc.png

This is why bio's scare the crap out of me...they are either unfairly attacked with FUD by a short, who did note they are short.... or they are a scam. I traded this twice earlier this week for some quick $5-$7 scalps. I went along again at $55 pivot. Maybe it fills the gap to $70.

sc-1.png

This is why bio's scare the crap out of me...they are either unfairly attacked with FUD by a short, who did note they are short.... or they are a scam. I traded this twice earlier this week for some quick $5-$7 scalps. I went along again at $55 pivot. Maybe it fills the gap to $70.

View attachment 89339

Quick 20% on this...still hold 2/3 of position.

$AMD strong...hitting resistance at $111.80...I trimmed some shares here but will add back at $109.50-$110 area.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 1.06.22 PM.png

I picked up AMZN last week at $3190 as history says that when a great company, market leader dips below the 200dma that it almost always recovers.

Might not be immediate but so far it's up $100...which isn't saying much considering it's share price.

View attachment 89143

$AMZN looks good. Picked up last week at $3190. Plan on holding this for some time. Has a big gap to fill tech look strong.

I actually added some shares today $3320.

sc-2.png

Added Broadcom at $492 which is weekly breakout. Earnings next week and semis have been good.

93F0B31A-20E4-48B2-8052-BB873E5155D5.png

Back