• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I beg to differ. Maybe part of it was because I have other things on my plate now to be working on, but Friday since I had the ability to pay more attention wasn't very fun for me. It was a lot more mentally exhausting. That being said, my portfolio surprisingly didn't take as big of a hit as I thought would happen considering everything (I ended up not being down by much for the week).

Of course, I'm thinking the sort of mini NASDAQ dump is over with at least for now and I might look foolish on Tuesday, who knows. In either case, I went from being mentally drained to ready to deploy a bit more money soon.

Jumping back into some of the stocks that treated me well post-pandemic crash. Thinking MRO and the like. They'll bounce back nicely.

Any takers on guessing where Tesla settles at after that offering and S&P 500 snub for now?

My guess is $250-280, but you can definitely see more pain there.

Just amazing that they had gone as far above $1000 as they did, apparently even before the stock split happened.

Support just broke on DOW and SPY. We’re out of the channel.

It’s going to be a long week, folks. Buckle up

There is a 3 day rule with major selling, and if we break past that rule, you can officially say we might be in another late Feb/March pattern that is beginning.

Which, if I may add, even if him not being normal got him elected, it's exactly what Trump does not need, not to make it political but still. If he loses the stock market, I'm really not sure what he has outside of your typical southern thinking and rioters looking like a bunch of clowns, even if the stock market doing whatever it's doing can be considered to be not be the president's doing usually.

Because the S&P 500 can predict what's going to happen 84% of the time.

I'm not a big fan of them, but we're getting close to where I'd be thinking about trying to ride Boeing for a swing trade again. The only thing would be is also trying to guess if whether we're in a slump like June after that very intense bad day on June 11th or if we're about to lose another major percent in a short period and I honestly could not tell you which way it will be (I lean to the former but anybody that tries to confidently tell you what will happen is crazy).

At some point, the riskier oil plays might be of interest as well.

I'm not a big fan of them, but we're getting close to where I'd be thinking about trying to ride Boeing for a swing trade again. The only thing would be is also trying to guess if whether we're in a slump like June after that very intense bad day on June 11th or if we're about to lose another major percent in a short period and I honestly could not tell you which way it will be (I lean to the former but anybody that tries to confidently tell you what will happen is crazy).

At some point, the riskier oil plays might be of interest as well.
I agree on oil plays. They are all quietly running back toward pandemic lows. CPE is 5.10 which is .51 pre split and is where I owned it back in March!

Not sure where the 50 day SMA is on the Dow but on the S&P 500 it's somewhere close to 3331 (331 on SPY) and so far we've been bouncing near there.

The 100 day on SPY is 315, which we might need to watch too but if this were to be like June we'll keep playing ping pong around 331.

Apple realistically probably isn't going to go any farther than $80 unless we're experiencing more than a market slump, and heck if it goes farther than I think it will it might suck me in even though I'm thinking that switching to ETFs for now to ride out what I think is likely to be a storm for a while might be a good idea outside of 3 stocks.

The split run up has already come and gone. People often profit take after that and then you buy after that storm settles. Of course, you also have the other side that said that back in the late 90s that the QCOM split was the top for tech.

Who knows, I'm not a psychic. I think there are some issues in the NASDAQ, but I don't think it's exactly like what happened back then.

On the other hand, close to the low 3330s acted as support again in the S&P 500 as we pinged off 331 there.

I know Jim Cramer brings mixed feelings and frankly I don't trust this company to work out myself, but he's going to talk about the Nikola stuff on his show and both sides of the story here today. That's going to be very interesting to me.

Wait a minute though, this forum is mostly conservative and CNBC in general is neutral to leaning democrat if anything to me. Nevermind lol.

I know Jim Cramer brings mixed feelings and frankly I don't trust this company to work out myself, but he's going to talk about the Nikola stuff on his show and both sides of the story here today. That's going to be very interesting to me.

Wait a minute though, this forum is mostly conservative and CNBC in general is neutral to leaning democrat if anything to me. Nevermind lol.
He's entertaining and always funny.

I consider CNBC (very much unlike MSNBC) about the only near neutral network. I used to include CNN in that category, but obviously not any longer! I still think MSNBC is the furthest left.

Interestingly, I used to consider Jim Cramer to be left of center, but I think he has drifted to the right during the Trump years to closer to the middle because I think he feels that the Dems .have moved too far left and doesn't like their antibusiness direction.

Back