• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Stock Market

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to be a wild week. Futures limit down, crude near $31, gold near $1700, and the 10 yr yield is at 0.5%! How long until the Fed steps in? Tomorrow or Tuesday is my guess. I bet some big funds and some companies are going to blow up soon. Would hate to be holding junky debt right now.

Downeastnc

Reaction score
I don’t believe that number is correct. That sounds like the S&P value at 8pm that’s about 5%
Yeah maybe it was S&P not Dow.....so the real question is this the beginning of a long term down correction and if so how much...10%, 20%?

DustinWx

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve sold most heavy stock funds. My bond funds are doing well. Will buy back in later

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah maybe it was S&P not Dow.....so the real question is this the beginning of a long term down correction and if so how much...10%, 20%?
Already close to 20%. Limit down is 5% in the futures market. Won't trade below until the cash open. We'll see if the big guns come out and stick save before the open. If not, it will be a bloodbath.

Windergawx

Reaction score
Either fed steps in early am or this thing hits breakers, virus and oil this is market doom. I pulled all money out weeks ago play smart let this blow over

Snowfan

Reaction score
So when was the last time that the stock futures stopped because they reached the limit?

cyclogent

Reaction score
Well, at these prices, domestic oil production is toast. That side of the bond market is fubar.