• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

My dad's Target call last year when it was in the low 80s as a good buy was correct and was also correct in the low 90s earlier this year.

Guess who actually acted on that call though? Neither of us! I wanted to be greedy and wait for 80, and that didn't happen last year.

Appears as if the FOMC minutes (where they said they're not messing with the yield curve, which I think is the right move) and no stimulus for now has finally sunk in. Took longer than I thought, and now we might finally be watching to see how long a potential market slide goes before we see stimulus.

I'm ready-ish (I won't be able to pay attention as much but I'll be looking for moves).

Seems like Apple did a good job of dragging the entire stock market this go around on today, kicking and screaming.

Wonder how long it takes after the incoming split before Apple is somewhat controlling what the Dow does again. If that stock continues as it is, I can't imagine it will be long (maybe 6 months to a year).

Been dragging my feet on a few tech stocks thinking a major pullback is coming but I have come to accept that isn’t happening with all the new day traders due to Covid. Might as well roll with it.

85715021-F1EF-48A2-B386-AC215846D5E7.png

I'm about to consider attempting to take a small flier on RKT (relatively new IPO).

Main thesis is the housing boom and interest should remain low for quite a while, honestly. I don't know a heck of a lot about Quicken Loans lol.

Edit: 50 at $25.50 was the order I set, hopefully it hits tomorrow (kind of doubt it does honestly lol).

Man, MVIS is being a dog
It's still being a dog and probably will be until BO news..... I'm kinda stuck with her at this time, she better not let me down. You know they voted to approve a R/S back in March and of course it later became NASDAQ compliance and the CEO kept his word by officially letting that expire without do it. He and the BoD could've easily have moved forward with it because it was already approved but chose to show his support of shareholders and kept his word. You would think this would have bumped the pps but noooooo....haha. The proxy vote for 60m additional shares is still weighing on many retail investors minds, they don't trust him.... I have no reason not too and am in it till the end.

I love a market rally on what was basically rehashed news lol. I wasn't here for most of the day but I got to see the run up to the close.

Now the Dow got its close above 28k...on pretty much nothing lol.

I love a market rally on what was basically rehashed news lol. I wasn't here for most of the day but I got to see the run up to the close.

Now the Dow got its close above 28k...on pretty much nothing lol.
Thank you Fed.

This happened last year with Trade Deal headlines. The reality is, CB policy drives the show. And they want markets higher. Period.

Yeah unless we become Japan, we might see a correction, but it's eventually going to come back, as that's always what has happened over the years.
Eventually, we will lose this game. But it won't be until everyone who stands to benefit is ready. The math just doesn't work in the real world. But they will change the equation as much as they can.

https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-therapeutics-tracker

If anyone is interested in Covid-19 treatment plays you can take a look at HGEN and RLFTF. I am in both. They've shown amazing early data and are currently in phase 2b/3 trials. Peer reviewed data, partnership announcements, interim trial results and up-listings are in the near future. FDA approvals, EUA's or denials most likely in Sep/Oct.

Vaccines aren't going to solve the problem. Most won't even take them. Remdesivir, Dexamethasone and plasma are not working when we still have 1,000 deaths per day. The need for effective treatment has never been more important. It is what will get us back to normal. From the research I've done these are the current front-runners.

CYDY is also popular but I'm leery of their management team and phase 2 results. Lilly, Regeneron and some of the other big boys are still early in their testing trials.

Obviously do your own DD. BioPharma stocks are the riskiest out there. They are like lottery tickets. NFA

https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-therapeutics-tracker

If anyone is interested in Covid-19 treatment plays you can take a look at HGEN and RLFTF. I am in both. They've shown amazing early data and are currently in phase 2b/3 trials. Peer reviewed data, partnership announcements, interim trial results and up-listings are in the near future. FDA approvals, EUA's or denials most likely in Sep/Oct.

Vaccines aren't going to solve the problem. Most won't even take them. Remdesivir, Dexamethasone and plasma are not working when we still have 1,000 deaths per day. The need for effective treatment has never been more important. It is what will get us back to normal. From the research I've done these are the current front-runners.

CYDY is also popular but I'm leery of their management team and phase 2 results. Lilly, Regeneron and some of the other big boys are still early in their testing trials.

Obviously do your own DD. BioPharma stocks are the riskiest out there. They are like lottery tickets. NFA
Nerman! What’s cookin’?

I need to slap myself. I at least have salesforce in another account, but I had been sitting on the tip of possibly adding more in my other for a year really...didn't do so for the longest, and it crushed this earnings report and will be added to the Dow next week (although this shouldn't matter lol, a price-weighted index is antiquated these days).

Back