• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

Well, I guess I turned out to be wrong yesterday. I’m still not certain how much instability we’ll have to work with. May not matter much. Anyway, a big batch of showers are moving in from the south now. Wonder if that will affect anything for later?
Yeah wondering how long it will last and how quickly the sun gets out on the back side of these showers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, I guess I turned out to be wrong yesterday. I’m still not certain how much instability we’ll have to work with. May not matter much. Anyway, a big batch of showers are moving in from the south now. Wonder if that will affect anything for later?

Winds are out of the south today which will aid in the transport of unstable air.
15DAD0C2-42A8-4863-ADDC-D98B2C682D28.jpeg

Hrrr shows the impact of these showers but then the south wind quickly fills the void with 2,000+ cape. There will be plenty of energy to work with.
F2FD036E-93B8-4D77-AF33-A9D8F1F6864A.gif

This is a very intimidating forecast...

72AFA839-C6AC-4383-8B7F-C82C0F58F471.gif

Clouds and light showers in the eastern Midlands of SC through the Pee Dee this morning. Hopefully that will help keep the instability down some. Once the showers push out shortly hopefully the sun won't come out to juice it up.

Same thing here and hoping for the same result. RAH doesn't sound encouraging, though.

I literally see clouds moving one direction and clouds moving in another direction....That's not good is it??

Tornado warning for Alamance, Orange, and Person counties until 10:30. Seems to be starting already and the atmosphere isn;t even primed yet.

Widespread amounts of 4-8 inches on the south/eastern flanks of the Atlanta metro since this morning. Still continuing to go. Areas could still pick up another 1-2 inches.

KkqnGW.jpg

Good news the threat is ending for the mountains and most of the foothills (esp near Asheville) now. To me, I think triad and east will be under the gun today. Timing really favors central NC this time vs anywhere else. Some tornadoes are likely IMO.

Back