• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

Widespread amounts of 4-8 inches on the south/eastern flanks of the Atlanta metro since this morning. Still continuing to go. Areas could still pick up another 1-2 inches.

KkqnGW.jpg

Things have a funny way of balancing themselves out.

This was the exact same area that missed out on most of the rain that had hit the north/west parts of Metro Atlanta back in December.

2019_4_19_10_22_32.png

Tell ya what, you were all over this last couple of days, long way to go still but that's a large area of rain the atmosphere is going to have to recover from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
And just as I say that, this....
It is west of me though, I truly think this incoming rain has made this a wind threat only imby for late this afternoon
e11746b31a56d4fbb5a409bb3ff4df6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And we could see another watch later issued for counties east of Wake.

Don’t agree at all on this large tornado watch mostly in the west. Do think central NC will be rocked around High Point.

There was likely a tornado on the ground with this one, looked like it had a decent looking TVS on it

This line needs to go ahead and get here.. the longer that thing fiddle farts around to my west the more worried I get. Still not super worried here but this system has already proved a lot of experienced Mets/posters wrong

7fa37c2963abd21f5a795e6a779e1b11.jpg

There’s a small area near Norris I believe maybe trying to rotate. At least in the high levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering about the enhanced that I'm under still, because while it seems like thunderstorms are on the way, it's cloudy and seems like it's mostly stable. Do think based off trends, some areas east of me and northeast might be in trouble. Already some severe popping and it's not noon yet.

I don’t like the pocket of nothingness here atm. Solid greens to my south though so not entirely worrisome yet..

Back