• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

PEA_RIDGE

ASST. FIRE CHIEF
Reaction score
From J.P. DICE'S facebook. I believe it says something that we need to look at as he cancelled his plans to see his mom out of state

I'm not a fan of severe weather. In fact, I hate the stuff. Unfortunately, we have several opportunities at severe weather over the next week or so. First of all, I'm watching a potent system that will arrive late Saturday night into early Sunday morning. This system could bring damaging winds and tornadoes to the area. If that is not enough, we have another system next Wednesday, April 17th that looks potentially nasty. Between the two systems, the one next Wednesday looks stronger. I'm waiting for the higher resolution data to arrive before I get into the fine details. Could this change? Of course, it is weather and we could see things improve or get worse. I will admit I'm concerned enough about this weather I cancelled my trip to Florida to visit my mom.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Its concerning that tv meteoroligsts and NWS are talking about tornadoes. Living here in alabama I've witnessed two strong/violent tornadoes one that killed a girl down the street from me. This is part of the reason i got into weather was because my family never payed attention to it and we were sleeping as the young girl died down the road from me not knowing a tornado picked up right before hitting my part of the street. I pray that things dont get too bad here. Still a lot of time for things to change but it certainly doesn't look good.

This one has huge potential but at least it’s a week away. Plenty of time for changes, for better or worse

So when is the main threat for this system for the Ohio Valley and Tennessee Valley region ? Wednesday or Thursday ??

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Havent looked deep, but at a glance the Euro is a bit less threatening at 500mb. There would still be severe weather, but not really an outbreak look. Still very fluid in this time though about the orientation of the trough.

Havent looked deep, but at a glance the Euro is a bit less threatening at 500mb. There would still be severe weather, but not really an outbreak look. Still very fluid in this time though about the orientation of the trough.

The 6z GFS proves this point, by looking much more threatening than the 0z.

Back