• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

My school just called telling all students to take shelter for a tornado warning, yet Atlanta is not even in the polygon. Guess they don’t know that a polygon doesn’t mean all of the County

My daughter just called from Demorest. Scared. Any details on the warning for them? Man.....:((((

From Rah NWS, this is serious....

Environmental conditions ahead of the front look dangerous to say the least, with efficient enough instability (1000 - 1500 J/KG ML CAPE), dangerous shear (Bulk: 45 to 55kts; SFC -> 1km: 20 - 30kts) and helicity values, and near record PWat values (1.6 inches +). In terms of limiting factors, few exist, other than the uncertainty of just how much surface heating will be allowed throughout the day, however, with such a strong WAA regime in place, the atmosphere should be allowed to destabilize pretty efficiently without many breaks in the sunshine. The environment looks prime for a very active and potentially destructive weather day across the Carolinas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This just looks nasty in the Triad: View attachment 19222
Yep and I still have concerns with those cells down east ahead of the main event. I'm very concerned someone could deal with a tornadic cell early only to follow up later with that QLCS with 70+ mph winds. What a day ahead of us

Well I woke up to intense lightning and rain. My den is ground level and water was coming through the freaking north wall covering the laminate flooring. My wife began to clean that up and I was outside in ankle deep water, in the lightning and pouring rain with a shovel trying to get the water to run off. First time this has ever happened in 17 years of living here. Oh yea roof was leaking in the kitchen so I have some roof damage. Did not expect this much rain so quickly.

Well I woke up to intense lightning and rain. My den is ground level and water was coming through the freaking north wall covering the laminate flooring. My wife began to clean that up and I was outside in ankle deep water, in the lightning and pouring rain with a shovel trying to get the water to run off. First time this has ever happened in 17 years of living here. Oh yea roof was leaking in the kitchen so I have some roof damage. Did not expect this much rain so quickly.
Dang sorry to hear that, heckuva way to start the day.

This is definitely one of the most favorable large-scale environmental soundings you'll ever see in central NC for straight line wind damage and is definitely capable of support sfc wind gusts in excess of 75 mph (as noted by SPC).

View attachment 19221

And those discrete cells in front of the line could be the ones to produce quite a few tornadoes if they can isolate themselves. We’d better hope the hrrr projections of 2-3k cape are wrong... bc things will be even worse if it’s right with this dynamic setup.

Back