• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather 3/27-3/28 2021

Crazy how different the HRRR and NAM 3km are in storm coverage through today and tomorrow... I’ll lean towards the HRRR obviously since it’s updated every hour but I’ve noticed the 3km NAM likes to keep things tame for events then Ramps up last second

What’s the chance of tomorrow’s line of storms being a Derecho? Seems like that’s gonna be a pretty gusty line of storms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75/62 here, SPC mesoanalysis shows up to 3000 jkgs of SBcape later near Charlotte 86867DE4-A33E-4E05-8293-6E48E0639091.gif

The tornado threat may be a little higher than 1st thought. A major dewpoint boundary cuts across NC at this time. Dewpoints in the mid 40's in the Triad down to Hickory and even down into the 30's around Boone. The dewpoints in much of GA and SC are in the 60's and even some locations up to 70.

71/67 here not sure the front is going to make it wind is SE
The front is still north of Raleigh I think. Much drier air from the Triad over towards Roxboro right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD
Back