• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather 3/27-3/28 2021

Surprised no one's said anything about this. Looks like there's a legit chance for some tornadic storms tonight in north alabama. HRRR even shows low topped kidney beans firing up in isolated areas. Sig tor parameters are pretty high too. Hope nobody is caught sleeping on this.Screenshot_20210327-080650.pngScreenshot_20210327-080632.pngScreenshot_20210327-080719.png

Slight risk brought into parts of NC and SC for today for a wind threat.

That 2% tornado risk is interesting to. Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see a couple isolated supercells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 2% tornado risk is interesting to. Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see a couple isolated supercells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep and Chris Justus and Brad Panovich showed models which develop at least 1 big supercell in upstate SC today. They showed it taking maybe the worst possible track through the GSP metro too. If it does develop and takes that track with a tornado things could get really bad.

Honestly that area on the tennessee alabama border is worrisome. Coupled with ingredients and how models project a few cells to separate themselves there might be a strong tornado or two. I think the tornado potential is being underlooked here. Maybe im wrong, but it might be a long night in the tennessee valley.

Honestly that area on the tennessee alabama border is worrisome. Coupled with ingredients and how models project a few cells to separate themselves there might be a strong tornado or two. I think the tornado potential is being underlooked here. Maybe im wrong, but it might be a long night in the tennessee valley.
Yep, I have a feeling it's really going to be off to the races tonight!

1000 AM Update...The fcst is in pretty good shape. Made some minor
adjs to cloud cover and temps. The SPS has increased the severe risk
to the Slight category for most of the FA this afternoon. This makes
senses, as the latest HRRR runs continue to show good convec
development along a warm front this afternoon. The degree of severity
and location with these storms still depends on where and how strong
an insitu wedge develops over the next few hrs. For now, the best
chance for severe storms, including possible supercells, looks to be
across the srn NC mtns and foothills, NE GA, and across the nrn
Upstate where the wedge bndry will be the most distinct.

The latest from GSP.

Back