• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather 3/27-3/28 2021

This is basically a MCS with embedded hailers/supercells View attachment 80694View attachment 80695View attachment 80696
Very nasty looking for sure. Hopefully that first map does not verify exactly with what looks like a tornadic supercell in Greenville county. That would move into Spartanburg county and eventually my way. No rural area along that possible track until it got into Union county. Of course the chance of that happening exactly as shown is very low, but someone in the I-85 corridor might have a rough time tomorrow if the general idea is correct.

I’m headed towards great falls SC tomorrow, that area always wins with warm front setups, these soundings along there are very supportive of hail producing supercells View attachment 80699View attachment 80700
That CAPE is crazy. I wonder if this will be a repeat of last May from the GSP area through Great Falls and on towards Camden. I have not seen clouds looking like they did here that evening but that one time and I have been here my entire life.

That CAPE is crazy. I wonder if this will be a repeat of last May from the GSP area through Great Falls and on towards Camden. I have not seen clouds looking like they did here that evening but that one time and I have been here my entire life.
That’s exactly what I been thinking the setup mimics
SPC also slept on that one

Reactions: JHS
That’s exactly what I been thinking the setup mimics
SPC also slept on that one
And everyone slept on this last Thursday and had to play catch up. That one cell produced large hail and wind damage from Laurens over to Fairfield county and also did this:

Was very weak but it was a tornado though.

And everyone slept on this last Thursday and had to play catch up. That one cell produced large hail and wind damage from Laurens over to Fairfield county and also did this:

Was very weak but it was a tornado though.
That was a boundary setup As well

Back