• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather 3/27-3/28 2021

Thanks for this thread I just asked for it in the March thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t compare this weekend to yesterday. But it still could be significant Saturday looks interesting maybe hail risk even. And Sunday that line of storms looks nasty in the heating of the day. Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see damaging winds and isolated tornados.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HRRR is so active on Saturday afternoon along the warm front

View attachment 80628
Meanwhile
nam3km_ref_frzn_seus_36.png

Meanwhile
nam3km_ref_frzn_seus_36.png
Yeah it's crazy how empty the NAMs are. Some of the other CAMs split the difference. The convective evolution Saturday will be interesting to watch since we doing get anything from supercells along the warm front to a MCS type feature moving along the 40 corridor to not a whole lot.

Sunday at least seems a little more straight forward big big wind threat along the line rolling east

Yeah it's crazy how empty the NAMs are. Some of the other CAMs split the difference. The convective evolution Saturday will be interesting to watch since we doing get anything from supercells along the warm front to a MCS type feature moving along the 40 corridor to not a whole lot.

Sunday at least seems a little more straight forward big big wind threat along the line rolling east
Meanwhile in WRFland
wrf-arw_ref_frzn_seus_42.png

Not ideal for you! I don't think it's impossible but probably overdone a bit
Yeah pretty much hoping for a miracle on that front. GFS ain't all that bad but I guess its more of a CAM thing now

GSP's thinking
The warm front should lift north of the area by early Sunday,
and there is little indication of any wedge. Guidance is in good
agreement on a cold front crossing the area during the day Sunday,
and could line up well with peak heating. There is definitely
a concern for another round of organized severe tstms with this
front. Bulk shear will be strong thanks to an intense LLJ. Can`t
rule out a quasi-linear and/or supercell storm mode. So in light
of that, the new SPC Day 3 Convective Outlook has the entire FA
in a Slight Risk. Will plan to update the threat mention in the
HWO.

Back