• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

Yeah, west of the Apps gets 2-4” of rain, we barely get an inch through Sunday! Stalled fronts rock, and it’s suppo to get to 91 tomorrow! We are winning so hard !:(
Going to call my heating and air guy out tomorrow to make sure the AC is ready for winter. I tested its limits in the last 90 days :(

cold front plowing through OKC right now... gonna struggle to stay a tomorrow with a strong north wind and may have 50s tomorrow night...:eek: saying good riddance to summer here

Gainesville, FL, is on their way to the warmest Sep on record, beating the historic 1925 by at least the better part of one degree!

Nice heavy rain shower to start the day! First measurable since Florence!!

This amends the post made yesterday, here ... http://southernwx.com/community/threads/september-somnolence.417/page-17#post-111740

The data I used came from Intellicast; the historic data was woefully incorrect, which, of course, made the post likewise. Larry was kind enough to point that out to me via PM. So, 4 things:
1) The post is factually incorrect;
2) Larry is a true gentleman (and a scholar) for letting me know the error privately;
3) The original post is not being deleted since the qualitative sentiment of "don't lose hope" stands ... ;); and
4) Don't rely on Intellicast for historic data.
Phil

Word on the street is there could be some storms around here tonight.

Just a tick over 4 inches since Midnight in McCalla (I59/20 and I459) interchange in the B'ham Metro. Training right through central AL most of the day.

I haven't received any rain at my location for the past two weeks. Additionally, temperatures have been brutal SE of this stalled front. Outside of 2002, I can never remember a "summer' that just seemingly would never end.

A strong storm coming through Carrboro now. Looks like things are starting to fire up around here.

Back