• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

I wanna believe, but right now I just can't.. When I see it under 240 on the Euro, then I might believe again:
gfs_T850_us_44.png

Also, if this lakes cutter pattern sticks around for the Winter, it's gonna be a long frustrating one for sure.

Gainesville, FL, had a 97 high and 79 low yesterday. That ties with 6/24 for the hottest high of the season and is THE warmest low of the season to date! Ah, the glories (or lack thereof lol) of being on the dry and subsident SW side of Flo!

Meanwhile, today’s preliminary low there was way up at 81! If they don’t get rain today, they might not get back below 79-81 by midnight thus giving them at least as warm a low today as the 79 of yesterday. They are already 93 at noon, which is one degree hotter than noon yesterday!

This September looks a lot like last September...horrible and hot. But...last year once it did finally break we had a nice cold long winter. This current pattern is awful.

Gainesville, FL, had a 97 high and 79 low yesterday. That ties with 6/24 for the hottest high of the season and is THE warmest low of the season to date! Ah, the glories (or lack thereof lol) of being on the dry and subsident SW side of Flo!

Meanwhile, today’s preliminary low there was way up at 81! If they don’t get rain today, they might not get back below 79-81 by midnight thus giving them at least as warm a low today as the 79 of yesterday. They are already 93 at noon, which is one degree hotter than noon yesterday!
As always, Larry, great post and interesting data ... Thanks!
Weather Channel gives your prognostication a very good chance of verifying, btw ... :cool:

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 12.33.51 PM.png

Looks like 75 but feels like 95, just awful weather. One thing is for sure, once we get the first true fall front, it’s gonna feel like the North Pole here.

Reply #2 ...
Well, Larry, if it's gonna happen anywhere nearby, it'll be PP, for sure ... way north of town and can hear the boomers from down there ... :eek:

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 2.07.29 PM.png

In about 3-4 weeks from now, if we're still talking 90s throughout the foreseeable future, something is seriously wrong with our weather

Reply #2 ...
Well, Larry, if it's gonna happen anywhere nearby, it'll be PP, for sure ... way north of town and can hear the boomers from down there ... :eek:

View attachment 6446

Gainesville, FL, was at 95 both at 1 PM and 2 PM before the aforementioned boomer gave them nice relief and knocked them way down to 84 as of 3 PM. Hopefully, storms will affect areas further N and W to give Phil a much deserved cooldown!

So, Hogtown's high will be at least 95. With 2 hourly obs at 95, a 96 wouldn't surprise at all.

Gainesville, FL, was at 95 both at 1 PM and 2 PM before the aforementioned boomer gave them nice relief and knocked them way down to 84 as of 3 PM. Hopefully, storms will affect areas further N and W to give Phil a much deserved cooldown!

So, Hogtown's high will be at least 95. With 2 hourly obs at 95, a 96 wouldn't surprise at all.

I hate IMBY, but ...

Heat Advisory
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Jacksonville FL
253 PM EDT Sun Sep 16 2018

FLZ025-031>033-035>038-040-125-133-138-162300-
/O.NEW.KJAX.HT.Y.0002.180916T1853Z-180916T2300Z/
Inland Duval-Bradford-Clay-Inland St. Johns-Gilchrist-Alachua-
Putnam-Inland Flagler-Marion-Coastal Duval-Coastal St. Johns-
Coastal Flagler-
Including the cities of Normandy, Ortega, Riverside, San Marco,
Starke, New River, Doctors Inlet, Lakeside, Bellair, Middleburg,
Orange Park, Fruit Cove, Switzerland, Bakersville, Picolata,
Trenton, Gainesville, Gainesville Airport, Newnans Lake,
Bostwick, Carraway, Palatka, Bunnell, Espanola, Andalusia,
Anthony, Burbank, Ocala, Ocala Airport, Weirsdale, Arlington,
Jacksonville, Oceanway, Tallyrand, Ponte Vedra Beach, Durbin,
Palm Valley, Anastasia, Saint Augustine, and Palm Coast
253 PM EDT Sun Sep 16 2018

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a Heat
Advisory, which is in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening.

* TEMPERATURE...Mid to upper 90s. Heat indices 107-110.

* IMPACTS...Abnormally high temperatures along with high
humidities across portions of NE Florida, are creating
dangerous outdoor conditions.

In about 3-4 weeks from now, if we're still talking 90s throughout the foreseeable future, something is seriously wrong with our weather
That’s not going to happen up here near Nashville. Our latest 90 or higher temp all time was October 9th 2007 at 92 degrees. This is actually for White House but I imagine Nashville can’t be to far behind.

High was just 78 today (airport showed low 80s). Just hate that this relief came with a hurricane. :|

It might have felt worse in the afternoon, but in the morning it actually felt...good? I'm ready for this summer to just go away.

Looking so forward to cutting all this grass after Florence leaves in steamy soup air mass. Usually up here by mid September the hot weather grasses, crab,Bermuda etc are saying their goodbyes as the dewpoints start crashing, espeacilly overnight. Our avg highs are low mid 70s by months end and overnight lows starting to fall into and through the 50s

Don't give up, cooler air will hopefully arrive towards the end of the month. Gfs has highs in the 50,60s lows 40,50s and upper 30 stretching from the extreme southeast to the app mountains. We will deal with this heat for about maybe one more week or little over than our fall like weather is coming . Im so ready

Gainesville high 96. they had a dewpoint of 80 at 5 PM!!!
The early AM low of 81 appears to still be the low for the day. IF that holds up, this will by 2 degrees be the warmest Sep low on record and tied with a couple of other days for the warmest low of any day/only 1 degree lower than the warmest low of all time!!

Gainesville high 96. they had a dewpoint of 80 at 5 PM!!!
The early AM low of 81 appears to still be the low for the day. IF that holds up, this will by 2 degrees be the warmest Sep low on record and tied with a couple of other days for the warmest low of any day/only 1 degree lower than the warmest low of all time!!
Please ... o_O

I just don't remember not having a single front come through in September in all my years in Georgia. Granted, I was gone for six years.

Back