• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September Somnolence

this has been the wettest September I've seen since I've been here... more heavy rain today, blinding rain when I came back to work after dinner

Every other September has featured 100 by now, not even close this year
Maybe the previous Septembers were abnormal and this is what a normal September is like ? I can't imagine 100 degrees being normal in Dallas in September.

first half of Sept, I'm going to say Dallas averages at least 1-2 100 degree days... but just a guess. 100 in Dallas in Sept is not a rare event at all.

From weather.gov, avg number of 100 degree days by month:
d100.gif

Maybe the previous Septembers were abnormal and this is what a normal September is like ? I can't imagine 100 degrees being normal in Dallas in September.

it was actually 111 on Labor Day in 2000(top 5 all time highs)... so yes it can get very hot...

The last few Septembers were definitely quite hot vs normal but 1 or 2 every September is definitely not uncommon, the average high is still in the 90s the first 12 days

Why are we desperate to hold on to something that just should be rote September and normal? Has nothing to do with base global temperature change I'm sure... nah:
gfs_T2m_us_42.png
oh, the Euro:
ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.png

KATL has its highest max of the entire year so far yesterday, 95!

The low here was 80, which if it were to hold up through midnight would tie the warmest Sep low back to 1871. Warmest min this year to date is 77. Augusta’s low so far of 81 would be 3 higher than the Sep record of 78, but rains coming should get it lower than 81 later today.

Last edited:
KATL has its highest max of the entire year so far yesterday, 95!

The low here was 80, which if it were to hold up through midnight would tie the warmest Sep low back to 1871. Warmest min this year to date is 77. Augusta’s low so far of 81 would be 3 higher than the Sep record of 78, but rains coming should get it lower than 81 later today.

And no end in sight...

95º with a heat index of 105º here; gonna make for an interesting football game at 4:00 PM (heat probably being the only thing interesting about it) ... :(

Leaves are dumping off my trees. Going from green to brown and dropping. The trees should start budding again by early December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at it like this.... Summer arrived a month early, so to make up for it, it's staying a month late. :(

Hell, might as well go for the driest September in Atl while we're at it.

Expect a possible pattern change end of this month. Gfs is really wanting to pull down some cooler weathe. Im am so so ready.

The forecast just keeps getting warmer.

Back