• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

My attention is gonna be up in here now as we are seeing some consistent model runs now on the cool down. Gfs has been showing this regularly for a while now and I'm ready. Ready for the cold crisp nights standing by the fire with family and friends.

The 12z GFS is awful. Warmer and very dry for most of us through day 16. This fall is going to be as dry, or drier, than 2001 and 2016 were.

Euro on board for the mid-late week "cooldown"
ecmwf_T850a_us_6.png

Who will get the December storm this year. West Georgia was 1st, then the mountains of NC was 2nd. So it has to be Alabama or SC this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 12z GFS is awful. Warmer and very dry for most of us through day 16. This fall is going to be as dry, or drier, than 2001 and 2016 were.
Runs will vary back n forth with temps, but there's a strong signal for a cool down. Might not be what we want but its gonna be cooler than what we have now. It's just September, we have a ways to go

I’m looking forward to low 80s and 50s later in the week! And September/October, are climatologically our driest months!

Isnt it so ironic that Sept and Oct are often so dry despite the fact that it's the peak of the tropical season ?
Only true for inland parts of south check out Wilmington’s rainfall or new bern rainfall averages. Heavily skewed from tropical systems in September . Even raleigh shows a slight September skew upwards . Admittedly October is dry however .

Back