• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Well, KATL had an unbelievable 98 today, which is 2 hotter than forecasted. That makes more history as not only is this still another record high, but also it was the 4th 98+ this month! There hadn't been even one 98 there in Sep. since way back in 1954! The last 11 days have had 95+ and the last 7 96+! No, I'm not on crack. These really happened.

Edit: 5 of the 7 hottest days this summer have been in Sep!

Starting to hear thunder from a storm to my east that is currently moving west. Last time I had rain was 8/27. Will this end my 17 day dry spell?

Well, KATL had an unbelievable 98 today, which is 2 hotter than forecasted. That makes more history as not only is this still another record high, but also it was the 4th 98+ this month! There hadn't been even one 98 there in Sep. since way back in 1954! The last 11 days have had 95+ and the last 7 96+! No, I'm not on crack. These really happened.

This may rank as one of the top 5 weather events in Atlanta history. Unbelievable.

If you haven’t seen the 18z GFS, consider yourself fortunate. Thank you SER can I have another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry, Wait until you're doing the record string of lows, not only for KATL but for 2 points south ... :cool: ... it's coming ... someday ... ;)

More good rains tonight, thankful.

1.25”, 1.75” for the week.

Last edited:
Do we have any members from Kentucky yet? They have to be breaking records in Lexington as well as they have been well into the mid 90s.

Going to be an active night. Lightning Wilkes County storm coming from the east...weird direction.

Upstate SC is favored on the short term NAM. HRRR favors Wilkes and nailed the storm entering Wilkes now.

Nothing here today. Not a drop this month so far.

I saw you forecasting 90s till November in tropical thread. Cant beleive a drought snuck up on us without you forecasting it. How long is this one? Is it in its genesis, gonna roll into summer 2020

The high was 99*F here.

Opaque cirrus by mid-afternoon likely saved us from another 100*F day.

FFC has bumped highs into the low-mid 90s today through Wednesday, with a "cool down" to the upper 80s (87*F) by Thursday.

And the best part of their AFD:

"Tropical storm Humberto is a non factor for the weather over N and central GA."

In other words, moderate to severe drought conditions for the South ATL Metro continues:

2019_9_14_7_50_16.png

Back