• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

3c69943d88ea27597f56241429f7e806.jpg

Just a little different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair the maps are two different time periods but in summary it’ll keep being hot until it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was supposed to be the start of a cool down! 96 currently, burrrrrr! ?

ATL has already broken the record high of 95*F today (as of 1pm).

The saving grace versus yesterday is some opaque cirrus is moving in from the South, which may help to contain the temperature rise somewhat.

So far, today's official high at ATL is an intra-hour 97*F.

It's 98*F here.

at least you don't have palmetto bugs and invasive Cuban tree frogs ... yet ... LOL ...

You would be wrong.

I saw a big ass ------ one night in my bathroom sitting on the wall back in 2018. Scared the heck out of me

Fortunately, with the drier weather, they've been MIA this warm season.

You would be wrong.

I saw a big ass ------ one night in my bathroom sitting on the wall back in 2018. Scared the heck out of me

damn ... what's next? folks from new jersey roosting in Buckhead?

You would be wrong.

#2 - On 2nd thought, musta been a pesty hitchhiker from FL ... LOL ...

Is it just me, or does it seem like this exact thing happened last September? We kept searching and searching for a pattern change to Fall like weather and every time something began to show up around the mid to long term range it would vanish or either back up further in the run. Last September was awful, and if we don’t get some sort of seasonable cooldown before the end of the month, it’ll nearly mimic what last September did, at least for here in Columbia. At least we’ve already dipped down into the 50s back in late August. Last year, it took the trough that pushed Hurricane Michael out to finally get us at sub 60°.

Me and a co-worker were talking about this earlier today...Seems like over the last several years, Summer has come "later"....June has not been so hot, so you start thinking maybe the Summer won't be so bad....And then BAM....August, September, and let's certainly not hope October have been absolutely MISERABLE...Enough is enough already!!!

Me and a co-worker were talking about this earlier today...Seems like over the last several years, Summer has come "later"....June has not been so hot, so you start thinking maybe the Summer won't be so bad....And then BAM....August, September, and let's certainly not hope October have been absolutely MISERABLE...Enough is enough already!!!
I can agree to this. This seems especially true for folks in the Northeast. I’ve seen a lot of Mets talking about this out of that region. Fall doesn’t start til later and Winter last well into April. You even look at the last few years around here, we’ve had multiple events in the SE in March and April, sure February has seemed nonexistent as of late. But you get the point for sure.

I have noticed that too. In fact my June power bill was not bad and I was thinking that summer has not been that bad... the way things are going the September bill might be the worst of the summer! If I wanted a never ending summer I would have kept living in Florida.

Did you and your coworker sleep through May?

I know that sometimes the climate and weather discussions overlap. That's fine. But please, let's try to keep the more climate-related posts in the climate thread. Or at least the quasi-passive-aggressive ones.

Jimmy look outT incoming! I’ve brought my rain shields to Greer!4F47C256-8A94-4A0C-A9BD-FC79994C685D.png

Is it just me, or does it seem like this exact thing happened last September? We kept searching and searching for a pattern change to Fall like weather and every time something began to show up around the mid to long term range it would vanish or either back up further in the run. Last September was awful, and if we don’t get some sort of seasonable cooldown before the end of the month, it’ll nearly mimic what last September did, at least for here in Columbia. At least we’ve already dipped down into the 50s back in late August. Last year, it took the trough that pushed Hurricane Michael out to finally get us at sub 60°.

You are exactly right about last year. Same deal but maybe slightly higher temps this year. I remember thinking it could not last into October right up until it lasted until mid month in October. When it finally did turn cool though seems like it lasted all the way to May for the most part. No snow but at this point I just want below 75 and I promise never to complain again.

Back