• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

FFC has bumped highs into the low-mid 90s today through Wednesday, with a "cool down" to the upper 80s (87*F) by Thursday.

And the best part of their AFD:

"Tropical storm Humberto is a non factor for the weather over N and central GA."

In other words, moderate to severe drought conditions for the South ATL Metro continues:

View attachment 23565
Humberto is a non factor for the weather in GA ? So i guess the dry, hot weather is not related to Humberto?

Went and cut the grass this morning. Actually felt like fall. A good chunk of the trees have foliage on them, nice cloudy day with a cool breeze. Granted I live in the triad however I hope you all south 1-85 see some relief soon too. Though to be fair I saw mid 90’s yesterday and can’t remember the last time I’ve seen rain.

Last edited:
Whatever what's in the gulf may give me a little hope. Models have it moving west towards Texas/Louisiana coast then drifting back east. I hope it does because we need the rain

Went and cut the grass this morning. Actually felt like fall. A good chunk of the trees have foliage on them, nice cloudy day with a cool breeze. Granted I live in the triad however I hope you all south 1-85 see some relief soon too. Though to be fair I saw mid 90’s yesterday and can’t remember the last time I’ve seen rain.
My trees are dropping tons of leaves already , due to drought stress! Fall colo should almost non-existent, no leaves will be left! Not a drop yesterday, today not looking good , then atleast 10+ more days with no rain

How nice...felt like early July at bootcamp this morning. Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt there’s any foliage or change yet it’s only September otherwise that would be pretty absurd. More likely than not that’s heat and drought stressed trees.

Pretty much all of NC except charlotte is out of this heat . Centered too far sw for us to truly be in it so we are lucky .

Weather.com has Nashville near 100 again on Monday. Even last September, at least the endless 90s were mostly the generic low 90s instead of upper 90s like we're having this year. :mad:

Yep grass is brown and trees are changing colors around here and falling, especially with a outflow boundary yesterday

Today officially snapped the 90*F+ streak at ATL, with only a high of 87*F.

Will have to wait until later this evening to see if an intra-hour 90*F happened here. We had several observations of 89*F and now it's down to 88*F.

No offense to BMX, but their record this summer on pop up storms has been pretty bad. I had a 50% chance today and didnt even see a decent updraft building.

Today officially snapped the 90*F+ streak at ATL, with only a high of 87*F.

Will have to wait until later this evening to see if an intra-hour 90*F happened here. We had several observations of 89*F and now it's down to 88*F.

And we fell short of 90*F.

Back