• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Pro Wrestling

I agree that was Garbage. 20 seconds they could have at least wrestled a good match but that was Garbage Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just noting to my brother that AEW squash matches are pretty few and far between. When we’re watching the intros and he says “this is going to be a squash match” because it is a newbie vs a champion or other popular wrestler, he more often than not ends up wrong. And he’s normally pretty good with his predictions.

Last edited:
Edge match was really good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, I just saw the match on Dynamite where Sting did a double scorpion death lock. (His first match on TNT in 20 years.) He seems like a man 10-15 years younger than his actual age! He really stands out.

That Goldberg match they tried do something with it. I don’t have a word to describe it lashley didn’t win clean

Well, Brock is back to challenge Reigns now. I wonder if Cena is leaving again.

It’s easy to see why people going to AEW

For every good thing WWE does they also end up doing something dumb and frustrating. They, well I should say Vince, knows how to ruin a good thing, too.

For every good thing WWE does they also end up doing something dumb and frustrating. They, well I should say Vince, knows how to ruin a good thing, too.

Do you think Goldberg legitimately got hurt? Or was it just a scripted injury to build a rematch? By the way was cool seeing Goldberg pull out some of his old moves!

I just saw the CM Punk return on DVR. It was unlike just about anything I’ve ever seen!
I'm trying to get with some of the AEW excitement, but I'm not quite there yet. What's so awesome about it? The actual wrestling? Cause, yeah I agree thats pretty entertaining. I guess I'm kind of living in the past. I watched the CM punk return. And I guess for what's available today, he's pretty good. But I don't even know how you can compare that to this. I mean his pop was amazing, but this guy is off the charts.

And I can find a ton of other return videos that are super good. How do you guys see the AEW storylines compared to old WWF?

I'm trying to get with some of the AEW excitement, but I'm not quite there yet. What's so awesome about it? The actual wrestling? Cause, yeah I agree thats pretty entertaining. I guess I'm kind of living in the past. I watched the CM punk return. And I guess for what's available today, he's pretty good. But I don't even know how you can compare that to this. I mean his pop was amazing, but this guy is off the charts.

And I can find a ton of other return videos that are super good. How do you guys see the AEW storylines compared to old WWF?

Agreed, this is the first time I've seen this Rock return. Very impressive! I'm not saying the CM Punk return is the greatest return ever. But I am saying it is about as memorable as any I've seen for its own unique reasons, especially for how he repeatedly cuts down WWE without mentioning their name (whether or not you like his doing that) including his admitting he made a mistake in leaving ROH (whom he did mention) and the idea that wrestling ended for him when he left ROH for WWE around 2004-5. I mean, what a cutdown!

One great thing about AEW: more room given to the wrestlers for their own creativity vs WWE. There also seems to be more actual wrestling as a percentage of each show vs WWE though that could be my imagination. I also like how AEW ties together wrestling legends and history well with the younger wrestlers. Whether it be strictly in managerial roles (most) or not (Sting).

Actually, my favorite time in WWE/WWF was further back than what you like most there...I mean back to the1984-early 1990s when it was just plain funny to me.

Last edited:

I'd put the AEW stuff up there but not as good as old WWE.

My main issue with wrestling these days is the lack of character development and depth, the loss of the heel/face authority figure, and the loss of captivating story lines. I would love to watch but give me something to draw me in to watch and be excited for next week not just over scripted promos and people in the ring.

I'd put the AEW stuff up there but not as good as old WWE.

My main issue with wrestling these days is the lack of character development and depth, the loss of the heel/face authority figure, and the loss of captivating story lines. I would love to watch but give me something to draw me in to watch and be excited for next week not just over scripted promos and people in the ring.
Exactly. That's what I'm thinking as well. I am certainly impressed with wrestling matches, but you need the conflict, the story telling, the promos, the good vs. bad, the comedy, and the talent to bring all of those things to life.

Remember back in the day, even stupid tag teams like Too Cool would have their signature funny moves every match, like the worm, that drove the crowd wild. It seemed like everyone back then had something really dumb but really funny as part of their styles. It was just entertaining at about every level.

Reactions: SD
Agreed, this is the first time I've seen this Rock return. Very impressive! I'm not saying the CM Punk return is the greatest return ever. But I am saying it is about as memorable as any I've seen for its own unique reasons, especially for how he repeatedly cuts down WWE without mentioning their name (whether or not you like his doing that) including his admitting he made a mistake in leaving ROH (whom he did mention) and the idea that wrestling ended for him when he left ROH for WWE around 2004-5. I mean, what a cutdown!

One great thing about AEW: more room given to the wrestlers for their own creativity vs WWE. There also seems to be more actual wrestling as a percentage of each show vs WWE though that could be my imagination. I also like how AEW ties together wrestling legends and history well with the younger wrestlers. Whether it be strictly in managerial roles (most) or not (Sting).

Actually, my favorite time in WWE/WWF was further back than what you like most there...I mean back to the1984-early 1990s when it was just plain funny to me.
Yes sir. Those old WWF days were awesome!!

Exactly. That's what I'm thinking as well. I am certainly impressed with wrestling matches, but you need the conflict, the story telling, the promos, the good vs. bad, the comedy, and the talent to bring all of those things to life.

I feel like AEW has all of that. That's why I enjoy it so much. To me is like a combo of the old WCW, WWF/WWE, and ECW days. They have a lot of great matches, promos, and the talent is given creative freedom with regards to the matches, promos, and storylines. I think that's the key in making it good. WWE is so scripted now, and it seems every time they actually have something good going they (meaning Vince) screws it up. WWE seems like a chore to watch now. I'm interested in seeing the Reigns and Brock feud, especially since Paul Heyman is with Reigns now. But that's about all I care about seeing now with WWE. I am excited to see AEW every week like I was back in the 90s when WWE and WCW were having their war.

Remember back in the day, even stupid tag teams like Too Cool would have their signature funny moves every match, like the worm, that drove the crowd wild. It seemed like everyone back then had something really dumb but really funny as part of their styles. It was just entertaining at about every level.
Yeah I mean the wrestling is fine its cool to see the athleticism but I can watch technical wrestling on acc network. Wrestling has always been good vs bad take that out of the equation and you have meh. Id rather watch 2 hours of stone cold trying to get back at vince for screwing him over than oldberg vs Bobby Lashley which is for no other reason than oldberg showed up

Yeah I mean the wrestling is fine its cool to see the athleticism but I can watch technical wrestling on acc network. Wrestling has always been good vs bad take that out of the equation and you have meh. Id rather watch 2 hours of stone cold trying to get back at vince for screwing him over than oldberg vs Bobby Lashley which is for no other reason than oldberg showed up
100%. It was so much fun. And there actually were plenty of great matches. I mean great ones. Iron man, hell in a cell, I quit, etc. But there were so many really good entertainers. Even the undercarders were fun to watch.

Back