• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Pro Wrestling

Yay, Cody can go back to WWE and have his legacy ruined again as "Star Dust."

I'm starting to think there is some truth to WWE & AEW becoming one eventually... ugh

Yay, Cody can go back to WWE and have his legacy ruined again as "Star Dust."

I'm starting to think there is some truth to WWE & AEW becoming one eventually... ugh

Man, I hope not! Long live AEW! I hadn’t heard about that possibility until you mentioned it. But is there a realistic chance that Tony Khan is going to sell AEW to Vince and company and be done? Or sell and be a part of WWE? Or could they merge and form a newly named company with Khan and Vince both at the top? Then again, I thought that AEW was so popular because of it allowing much more creative freedom for the wrestlers unlike Vince.

Damn, this nerd fest in here! Didn’t even know it existed!
Road Warriors- best tag team in history of wrestling
Not even a question, without a doubt Road Warriors all the damn way. Hawk, Animal, spiked vests, ring entrance to Iron Man. Damn straight!!

Shocking for sure! AEW is all that I’ve been watching regularly almost all of the way back to its inception in 2019. But I was telling my brother recently that it seemed like too many were going to AEW while at the same time nobody was leaving. Despite my love for AEW, I told him that it would be better for the overall quality of the pro wrestling industry for there to remain good competition between AEW and WWE as well as other wrestling companies. With the amazing number of defections to AEW from WWE and ROH, it was also starting to feel overloaded at AEW and I didn’t mean from a financial standpoint. I meant that some wrestlers already there were probably starting to feel crowded out. How many wrestlers can at the same time remain superstars at the same company? My bro then told me that Tony Khan had decided he was going to be more selective in the future with regard to renewing contracts. Well, this wasn’t at all what I expected!!

Yeah, apparently Cody wanted more money and TK shot him down, he seemed like an AEW lifer considering how much work he put in to make AEW what it was. They do have a pretty sizable roster though, I think having a big roster is always good because you can rotate talent in and out throughout the yet and keep the product fresh, as you said that though, you have to find a way to keep them satisfied.

I think AEW should be fine though, they still have Punk, Bryan, MJF, Darby, Miro, Britt, Keith Lee, etc…

I will say, if AEW doesn’t work out, I’m probably done with wrestling period, and the only reason I could tolerate WWE’s bs (because AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, and Bianca Belair are some of my favorites) is because AEW is so consistently good, no way I can deal with WWE being the only game in town, I sound like a lot of fans when WCW died but it’s the truth lol.

Yeah, apparently Cody wanted more money and TK shot him down, he seemed like an AEW lifer considering how much work he put in to make AEW what it was. They do have a pretty sizable roster though, I think having a big roster is always good because you can rotate talent in and out throughout the yet and keep the product fresh, as you said that though, you have to find a way to keep them satisfied.

I think AEW should be fine though, they still have Punk, Bryan, MJF, Darby, Miro, Britt, Keith Lee, etc…

I will say, if AEW doesn’t work out, I’m probably done with wrestling period, and the only reason I could tolerate WWE’s bs (because AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, and Bianca Belair are some of my favorites) is because AEW is so consistently good, no way I can deal with WWE being the only game in town, I sound like a lot of fans when WCW died but it’s the truth lol.
Spot on. I was a die hard Monday night wars fan growing up and was more of a wcw fan. So when they closed I hadn’t watched wrestling since 2001. A friend turned me on to AEW in 2019 and I don’t think I’ve missed a show or PPV. love it. Closet thing to the old days there is. Blood, serious storylines, great work rate etc.

The Cody move is surprising but it seems he didn’t want to turn heel and money talks. He’s about to get PAID

I just saw this: the signings of Punk, Bryan, and Adam Cole and what they got paid had a lot to do with this

I mean, I think he is a good wrestler and has been a veteran in the biz for a long time, but he doesn't put asses in seats like Punk, DB or Adam Cole either IMHO

I mean, I think he is a good wrestler and has been a veteran in the biz for a long time, but he doesn't put asses in seats like Punk, DB or Adam Cole either IMHO

I agree. The pops Punk, DB, and Cole get are amazingly loud! OTOH, Cody is both a founder and EVP, unlike those three, and is as much the heart and sole of AEW as just about anyone. So, it was still a shock. But then again I noticed the booing he was getting in recent months along with his weight belt being thrown back. I didn’t know the reason at the time, but knew they weren’t good signs for Cody.

I was also wondering about some nasty comments Dan Lambert made to Brandi on TV two times some weeks back. I had heard that TK likes Lambert a lot. Is it possible that TK liking DL and not stopping him was a factor in Cody leaving? Any opinions about this?

If Cody does go to WWE, I wonder how he will fit. If i have to guess he will be in a similar role to Seth, KO, Drew, and so on. I doubt he will end up back ad Stardust

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

If Cody does go to WWE, I wonder how he will fit. If i have to guess he will be in a similar role to Seth, KO, Drew, and so on. I doubt he will end up back ad Stardust

I have so little interest in watching WWE due to AEW being so much better. I used to watch WWE and ROH, but it has been almost 100% AEW since late 2019. ROH appears to be dead (at least as of now), thanks largely to AEW eliminating that as a good alternative to WWE.

I just don't see how he benefits other than financially by going back to the E. Seems like he would just be stuck in he mid card level there I don't think WWE would push him into the main event scene. I do wonder if there's something going on here with Cody leaving AEW and Shane getting fired from WWE

I just don't see how he benefits other than financially by going back to the E. Seems like he would just be stuck in he mid card level there I don't think WWE would push him into the main event scene. I do wonder if there's something going on here with Cody leaving AEW and Shane getting fired from WWE
Eh, his stock has risen a lot, even before AEW was a thing he was making waves in NJPW, ROH and so on. Honestly the more I think about it the more similar he is to Drew, so he's at least gonna be in the upper midcard and might probably be a world champion later on. The only big thing that could stifle him is the fact he literally founded their new competition lol.

I have so little interest in watching WWE due to AEW being so much better. I used to watch WWE and ROH, but it has been almost 100% AEW since late 2019. ROH appears to be dead (at least as of now), thanks largely to AEW eliminating that as a good alternative to WWE.

Ironically, the owner of AEW (Tony Kahn), shockingly announced last night on Dynamite that he bought ROH, which I had said appeared to be dead due to AEW’s success!

Aew revolution this dog collar match what a bloody mess. Dang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aew revolution this dog collar match what a bloody mess. Dang

Jessy,
I like AEW a lot and think it is the best thing going by far. I’ve seen virtually no other wrestling for the last 2.5 years! However, that doesn’t mean I like nearly everything about them. I’m not a fan of the blood. They seem to have a lot of it often. I realize it is often self induced and part of the script. I just don’t like to see it. It doesn’t do anything for me.

Also, I thought that they had gotten too saturated with great talent. However, now that Khan bought ROH, he can spread out all of that talent better.

Regarding the Revolution pay per view, I didn’t buy it and thus am not watching it. Hope you enjoy it!

PS You probably already know this. But on case you don’t or in case they didn’t mention it, the last dog collar match was Cody vs Brodie Lee. Cody won and that was Brodie’s last match. ?

Last edited:
Jessy,
I like AEW a lot and think it is the best thing going by far. I’ve seen virtually no other wrestling for the last 2.5 years! However, that doesn’t mean I like nearly everything about them. I’m not a fan of the blood. They seem to have a lot of it often. I realize it is often self induced and part of the script. I just don’t like to see it. It doesn’t do anything for me.

Also, I thought that they had gotten too saturated with great talent. However, now that Kahn bought ROH, he can spread out all of that talent better.

Regarding the Revolution pay per view, I didn’t buy it and thus am not watching it. Hope you enjoy it!

Yeah I mean I juggle back and forth from WWE to Aew. I don’t watch wrestling I use to but yes I’m enjoying this ppv. I had a family member buy this so I figured I’d watch it. It’s a really solid PPV. That woman that’s the female TBS champion I’m highly impressed with her. And sting will always be a favorite of mine

Cm punk won this dog collar match

That rivalry has been quite intense! Interesting story (maybe real) that MJF was a huge fan of Punk’s when he was a kid. Do you watch wrestling with your kids?

Back