Severe Possible severe weather February 4th-7th

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Don’t find this to be true ... winds could easily mix to the surface with any band of heavy rain .. forecasts gusts of 40-50 mph and even strong winds after the front moves by ... would expect many power outages from these type of winds with the amount of water that’s going to be in the ground
This. The soil is already drenched. We’re expecting 2-3” of additional rainfall. It won’t take much wind to uproot some trees.

Expanded ENH risk for day 2
day2otlk_1730.gif

wind outlook
day2probotlk_1730_wind.gif

Level 3 getting into NC now, looks around the Charlotte area. The threat for the Triangle looks less right now, but it's supposed to come after 11:00 pm, so it might catch some folks off guard.

No doubt nasty for us in AL and GA. Would be staring down the barrel of a pretty good tornado outbreak with a better thermodynamics profile.

bs0500.conus.png

Attachments

• 2F6EA066-BB55-4545-B5B9-961DCFC4E7D7.png
    2F6EA066-BB55-4545-B5B9-961DCFC4E7D7.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: deltadog03
a877a0c1ee150974b5057f47aaf64003.jpg

You can definitely see the stronger storms hug the Gulf coast. GC stealing energy as always. I was waiting to see if it was going to happen and sure looks like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about that... I always heard that most of the time it has to be more of a squall line to steal moisture and energy. I could be wrong. Plus, it looks that that big area of rain is making its way N. Also, as large scale features move more north, I would imagine we'd see fewer storms over the FL peninsula.

Last edited:
I don't know about that... I always heard that most of the time is it has to be more of a squall line to steal moisture and energy. I could be wrong. Plus, it looks that that big area of rain is making its way N. Also, as large scale features move more north, I would imagine we'd see fewer storms over the FL peninsula.

No the rain definitely is moving N but the line of storms hugging the coast can steal some of the energy from moving N, it happens with most of the spring and summer time storms too. I feel like the squall lines die out over ATL because of timing and the mountains.
* I will add we also tend to have a CAD during some of the events that cut down on the energy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow looks downright nasty for Charlotte and points south. To make matters worse, these storms seem to approach the area sooner than previously thought. Right at peak heating of the day. If we see any lulls or thinning of the clouds, it's game on.

Reactions: Myfrotho704_