• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official, and I'm sorry to say, but Biden's a mumbling, bumbling bunch of hot mess...It's agonizing to listen to him....Sheer torture......And he has a 50/50 chance right now of being our next President....Scary!!!!

Edit: I think he just called Anderson Cooper, "Doctor"!!!!

I really, really think he won’t be our next president. A pretty significant portion of the Dems really don’t like him and now with his sexual assault allegations and the way he kind of just... disappeared during this crisis, idk. Seems like we have 4 more years of our orange man

Meh... I wouldn't exactly call him an idiot, I mean I get where he is coming from and a 2.2 trillion (trillion!) stimulus package just passed without a lot of debate and w/o a roll call. He's right to want transparency and some sense of fiscal accountability but this just wasn't the time or the place to pick that fight. Another time would have been better. Many of us, myself included, are applauding this and loving the fact that we have checks coming our way but 2.2 trillion dollars is enough money for nearly 7k for every man, woman and child in the US. Which tells us the obvious, there ain't a pig in the whole world fatter then this pork loin of a bill. Lol

Totally get your point . But as you said another time would have been better . Only reason he did it was to look good for his constituents. He had no real hope of delaying the bill . Stimulus packages are always filled with pork and massive amounts of money going to big companies with little oversight. Unfortunately it will always be that way . To this guys point I agree they should have given more to the people that actually need it .

Sad part is it won’t be nearly enough and they will be back working on a new package before too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally get your point . But as you said another time would have been better . Only reason he did it was to look good for his constituents. He had no real hope of delaying the bill . Stimulus packages are always filled with pork and massive amounts of money going to big companies with little oversight. Unfortunately it will always be that way . To this guys point I agree they should have given more to the people that actually need it .

Sad part is it won’t be nearly enough and they will be back working on a new package before too long

All these stimulus packages that continue to reward and bail out entities that both made poor choices and investments during good times and have heavy political influence are going to lead to two things: A greater resentment of the government and corporate America by the people and the complete demise of our economy.

All these stimulus packages that continue to reward and bail out entities that both made poor choices and investments during good times and have heavy political influence are going to lead to two things: A greater resentment of the government and corporate America by the people and the complete demise of our economy.

Totally agree . There should be 100 percent oversight anytime the country bails a company out . It’s really simple IMO . We can’t let these massive industries collapse because it would crush the economy if we did . How hard is it for politicians to understand when you give companies billions and billions of dollars that someone needs to be watching and accounting for every penny they spend and rules and regulations should always be included . Politics is a crappy game

Totally agree . There should be 100 percent oversight anytime the country bails a company out . It’s really simple IMO . We can’t let these massive industries collapse because it would crush the economy if we did . How hard is it for politicians to understand when you give companies billions and billions of dollars that someone needs to be watching and accounting for every penny they spend and rules and regulations should always be included . Politics is a crappy game

Opportunist feeding frenzy

Sis told me that Cheesecake Factory across nation are going to file bankruptcy due to not being able to pay rent. If true I’m sure of many to do so. As some economists predict we will have 30% unemployment if not higher. I even heard on Fox News that at least 2 more bail out bills will be coming. Predicted to be around total of 7-8 trillion when all is said and done and that is if over around May.

A sales rep for company I work for just emailed to let us know his wife is nurse at hospital outside Dallas. They lost their first patient to virus last night. A 50 yo very healthy lady. Had 17 yo son. She had been sick fo 3 weeks and went to ICU on ventilator. Complete organ failure. Their hospital is now being overrun with patients. They gave her the cocktail and did not help. I know this is in political thread but govt needs to put all money and efforts into vaccine. Social distancing will not work forever. Only way to get back to somewhat normal is a vaccine.

So he's going to break a law he just signed into being? How is that not some kind of auto impeachment and removal? How can this man be supported by anyone???

I don’t fault the president at all for wanting to distribute funds where it’s needed himself. He’s the president he knows how and where funds are needed most. But of course haters are gonna hate. If you don’t like Trump just go ahead not accept those big $1200 checks.

I don’t fault the president at all for wanting to distribute funds where it’s needed himself. He’s the president he knows how and where funds are needed most. But of course haters are gonna hate. If you don’t like Trump just go ahead not accept those big $1200 checks.

Your not understanding what this is about.....this is not about Trump being able to spend funds where he wants too, its about Congress and the American people being able to know how and where that money was spent. The bill specifically states there will be Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery, this person will audit and account for the 500 billion....do you think that is a bad thing?

What Trump is literally saying is he wants to spend that money however he wants too and then Trump decides whether or not his administration tell Congress where or how he spent it.....

Your not understanding what this is about.....this is not about Trump being able to spend funds where he wants too, its about Congress and the American people being able to know how and where that money was spent. The bill specifically states there will be Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery, this person will audit and account for the 500 billion....do you think that is a bad thing?

What Trump is literally saying is he wants to spend that money however he wants too and then Trump decides whether or not his administration tell Congress where or how he spent it.....

Considering pelosi is the speaker of the house. I couldn’t imagine why he tell her congress anything. Because even if he uses it to help companies. Congress would criticize and complain

Oh I see. You truly don't give a damn about laws. This isn't the nation for you. Maybe you should leave.
Oh wait, people like you voted to elect that guy, I guess this is a lawless nation now. I suppose that I and others who believe in the rule of law are the ones who need to leave.

Oh I see. You truly don't give a damn about laws. This isn't the nation for you. Maybe you should leave.
Oh wait, people like you voted to elect that guy, I guess this is a lawless nation now. I suppose that I and others who believe in the rule of law are the ones who need to leave.

I believe in the laws that are not stupid. This law is stupid

If this is verified that he isnt allowing aid to these states he needs to be removed from office period. If the vendors come forth with evidence of a federal govt refusing aid to states they dont like trump should hang for it in November.

If this is verified that he isnt allowing aid to these states he needs to be removed from office period. If the vendors come forth with evidence of a federal govt refusing aid to states they dont like trump should hang for it in November.

He did release money though he signed a emergency declaration

He won’t be removed. They’ve already gone down that road. It is up to Michigan residents to vote for Trump’s opponent. With Biden not looking too good to me recently, that may not be easy.

I’d much rather have Pence by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back